[Mostly Stock] Kerbin Voyager Mk Ic-2 .. <cough> . uh . "test runs" [Video and images now]

artao

Here's a couple ... cough .. .. uh ... "simulation runs" in my current career in KSP 1.0.4 (my mic is too low, I'm aware -- and i've fixed it in subsequent videos)

In the current state of my SPH I'm limited to 30 parts. The plane is built from no higher than tech level 4 parts. All stock.

Well, ok .. it contains a MechJeb and Kerbal Engineer. The former to have SAS (Kill ROT) when being used by a non-pilot, the latter for flight-data UI integration. Kerbal Engineer SHOULD be stock IMO, and I think MechJeb is integrated into the Tech Tree pretty darn fairly .. but they still don't change the base gameplay. They're just flight computers for data display, flight planning, and execution)

The plane was built to fulfill visual surveys at-altitude, EVA, and surface scan contracts.

The career is vanilla, outside of some interface mods -- as you can see. I've installed nothing that changes gameplay, just the UI, some graphics improvements, and community bugfix mod, MechJeb, and Kerbal Engineer.

NOTE: I have since modified this plane to correct for the poor take-off and landing performance. It is now MUCH smoother on take off, in particular. No more sudden rotation into flight, with full pitch-back applied. Now it just smoothy interfaces from ground to flight with virtually no input aside from steering

So this is quite possibly the most pleasant to fly plane I've ever made in KSP. It prefers a nice, smooth, gentle turn, and automatically wants to softly level back out of a proper turn.

However, it also has incredible stall characteristics. In a flat spin it wants to go nose down with wings level, with your hands off the controls, then you just pull out of the dive and crank on the engine. It maintains maneuverability at incredibly low speeds and in incredibly high stall conditions (particularly with MechJeb or a pilot with SAS)

Here's the vid of a those "simulation runs" with this plane, in career mode; trying to complete a contract step. Images forthwith.

(Yes, my mic is nigh inaudible. Sorry. I've already corrected that, in subsequent vid(s).

Jump directly to the beginning of flight to skip all the (inaudible) explanations and configurating ;)

https://youtu.be/kj0Sx-fymP4?t=14m23s

And here's the images, as promised. I hope this works better. 800x450 rather than 1920x1080 ;)

EDIT: I can't get the images to show up, no matter what I do ... they're only 100k in size. didn't work from either my Google Drive or from Imgbox :(

EDIT EDIT: Thanks Rune for cluing me in in the post below :cool:

============================

oepJ8JAT.jpg

m1XdLY4U.jpg

tCfrGRG5.jpg

LrHx40Ke.jpg

xiMRlUOy.jpg

Edited by artao
text edits, typos, working link thumbnails .. various malarchy, you can be sure

No pictures? The unspoken rule is "No pics, no clicks".

Yes. Sorry about that. Somehow in trying to replace the batteries in my keyboard, I accidentally submitted the message prior to inserting a link to the video.

I tried to post images linked to my Steam screenshots, but they were FAR too large and got cut off. So I'm working on uploading smaller, friendlier images to post. Soon.

Edited by artao
moved images to first post as they were no longer relevant here

EDIT: I can't get the images to show up, no matter what I do ... they're only 100k in size. didn't work from either my Google Drive or from Imgbox :(

That is because you are using the [img*] tags wrong (the "*" is so the forum doesn't try to process the ones in these examples). See, your link look like this:

http://imgbox.com/oepJ8JAT

When what you should put between [img*] and [/img*] has to be a link to a proper picture file. Say, like:

http://i.imgbox.com/oepJ8JAT.jpg

Note the file extension, ".jpg", that denotes this is a picture file. The other link will take you to a full page, and the forum doesn't know what to pick form there (it has several graphical contents, like the toolbar and buttons). I actually got that one by right-clicking the image and going for "open in new tab", by the way. Now, if I put that last link between image tags, like so [img*]http://i.imgbox.com/oepJ8JAT.jpg[/img*], it shows up like:

oepJ8JAT.jpg

Which I think is what you were going for. Image resolution has nothing to do with it, big pictures will just take more to load.

Rune. Hope that helps!

Edited by Rune

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.