Microsoft Flight Sim X?

A35K

Is the Heinz DC-3 any good (I'm assuming you've flown it at least once since you bought the complete pack)? I've been thinking about getting the X-Aviation/Leading Edge Simulations one but that costs nearly three times as much as the Heinz one. Can't decide which one to get... The virtual cockpit in the LES one certainly looks much nicer and I think the exterior model is also a bit more detailed, but I don't know if it's worth the extra price.

I've only flown it once, as I was specifically looking for a classic light twin at the time. It seemed to be built to the same high quality as his Beech 18. I was just thinking about playing around with it, though. I saw John Wayne's "Island in the Sky" yesterday, and was surprised and delighted by how much C-47 flying footage they included.

The AlphaSim CH-53 was capable of flying into space due to a design bug that created negative drag during pitchovers.

Is this in FS9? I remember doing this in the default Bell 206.

I've only flown it once, as I was specifically looking for a classic light twin at the time. It seemed to be built to the same high quality as his Beech 18. I was just thinking about playing around with it, though. I saw John Wayne's "Island in the Sky" yesterday, and was surprised and delighted by how much C-47 flying footage they included.

Cool, I guess I'll wait till the complete pack or the DC-3 is on sale again and get it.

Also, some pics. Dash 8 Q400 flying from Las Vegas to San Francisco (on XP10 - excuse the crappy antialiasing, dunno why it did that):

Mlbmb9L.png

A Super Constellation I'm modeling in Blender, also for XP10. Couldn't find a high quality freeware one so I decided to try making one. 14103 verts and 24534 tris as of today, after working on it for about a week. Still missing stuff like landing gear, antennae and pitot tubes, and only the engines (the actual engines inside the nacelles, not the nacelles themselves) have been UV mapped. I'll also have to model the cockpit. All of this is kinda really difficult because there are no official technical drawings available on the internet so it involves a lot of guessing and looking at pictures.

XMddN6O.jpg

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.