Ship explodes or disintegrates on warp

KSP: 1.0.4 Windows 32bit game, from Steam, on 64bit OS

Problem: A ship that performs fine in any other circumstance explodes either when you start to warp, or if not then when you leave warp

Mods installed:

Kerbal Engineer Redux

MechJeb

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Planetshine

Reproduction steps:

Launch the below craft, then enter either physical or non-physical time warp. The ship will explode.

It initially looked like the ship snapped around the probe-core, but that's now re-enforced. Sometimes rather than snapping/exploding the ship's orbit starts to change as though under accelleration, but the ship's speed remains the same, and no fuel is used.

Ship:

Asteroid Catcher

Log:

Output_log.txt

I'm too lazy to load up your craft, but by the name I'm guessing Looking through the craft file, it has a claw on it...

There are some long-standing (since it was introduced) issues with that part, including "stuck orbits" and exploding on timewarp. There are partial fixes in Claws Stock Bugfix Modules, might be worth a shot.

Edited by steve_v

Looks like there is a fix for it, funny that this is the first ship out of 15-20 iterations where the problem seems to occur. I'll mess around with different things to attach the claw to and see if that fixes it.

As you rightly point out, the mod you've linked to only partially fixes the problem, so I may need to forget that mission for now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.