Halloween costumes?

Dman979

If there's a military surplus store nearby, go check it out. You can probably find some BDUs, web gear, and a steel helmet there. At a store I went to, they even sold hand grenades. Then go buy a plastic M-16 and spray-paint the whole thing black (it's probably a good idea to paint the tip orange to signify that it's only a toy). Black boots shouldn't be too hard to find either. It's not space related in the slightest, but you can make a very authentic army uniform for relatively cheap prices, especially if you can bargain for lower prices.

This is possibly going to be my Halloween costume, as I already have most of the necessary items.

If there's a military surplus store nearby, go check it out. You can probably find some BDUs, web gear, and a steel helmet there. At a store I went to, they even sold hand grenades. Then go buy a plastic M-16 and spray-paint the whole thing black (it's probably a good idea to paint the tip orange to signify that it's only a toy). Black boots shouldn't be too hard to find either. It's not space related in the slightest, but you can make a very authentic army uniform for relatively cheap prices, especially if you can bargain for lower prices.

That's very true. One problem: I got to a Friends school. :rolleyes:

that's one idea which I thought of, but I don't know how to make it work. I'd need a slide rule, but slide rules alone do not a rocket scientist make.

You need a crimson/mahogany tie, white shirt, black suitcoat, a pocket square, an utterly dapper haircut and a handsome face:

800px-Wernher_von_Braun.jpg

Edited by Flymetothemun

Well, I've got everything but the handsome face. :P

Also, no pants?

Any proper, dapper gentleman going out on the town in pursuit of sweets and fine, young ladies would know to include a sensibly-colored and properly-fitted pair of trousers in his ensemble.

You need a crimson/mahogany tie, white shirt, black suitcoat, a pocket square, an utterly dapper haircut and a handsome face:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Wernher_von_Braun.jpg/800px-Wernher_von_Braun.jpg

Don't forget the model rockets, I've never seen a picture of Wernher von Braun without a model rocket in the background. If you could get Walt Disney to interview you, it would look even more authentic.

make a cardboard spaceshuttle, sorta kinda like these but spacey

https://sfbikeparty.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/cardboard-jet_adults.jpg?w=500

This post was put up a while ago, but does anyone know where I can get one of those cardboard jets? I want to do this for Halloween, but I know nothing about making cardboard objects.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.