Sattelite & Science Contracts Are Good, But What Aabout Planes?

Hi all,

I clocked in my 300th. hour and just realized there could be a little more emphasize on planes.

What I am about to suggest is a new way to make more money out of contracts.

A lot of companies fund themselves in the aero industry by making commercial planes, right? Thus, this can be implemented to KSP as a new knid of contract work.

Just as a sattelite contract works, it may demand a certain range, carry capacity, min. speed & altitude AND building fund so that you may be able to deliver X amounts of plane. And it may ask a test flight, for example "Have the plane travel 10.000 km in a min altitude of 16.000 with a min. speed of 200 m/s, and land it in the X without any damage."

Is this feasible and does this excite only me?

Squad intentionally removed the emphasis on planes. The original mod that most the contracts were taken from had specific contracts for planes and rovers but Squad wanted you to decide how to accomplish them so they made them more generic. Personally I think that was a good idea for planes, why force people to do it one way? But it ended being a very bad idea for rovers because now you get a mix of surface and air/orbit targets making rovers NEVER the choice to use since they can't fly (usually). Sadly, rovers became useless again when the mod fell out of date.

This is why I get concerned when Squad says they are implementing a popular mod. They always seem to screw it up and then the mod dies.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.