After taking a year long break, I'm back and looking for mods.

Ashtoruin

I've been playing KSP off and on since launch and figured I should come back and play it some more, any must have mods that you can think of?

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and Claws Stock Bug Fixes.

I personally don't like wobbly rockets or Kerbal cannons disguised as ladders. There are so many other awesome mods available now I hate to name some for fear of overlooking others, but I will say I've not had an install that did not include Modular Rocket Systems since probably my second week of playing.

Edited by Randazzo

I woudn't start a new game anymore without at least USI Life Support, if not even TAC Life Support if you know what you're doing.

If you make the decision later, you might need to switch out your manned vessels and design and launch new station modules in a hurry.

^ This.

If you don't want to change the gameplay too much, I'd suggest the eternal MechJeb or Kerbal Engineer Redux, which you should always have somewhere in your KSP.

It depends what type of mods you want, if you have any particular idea, it will be easier to find adequate mods :)

I haven't decided what I really want yet, I've been out of the mod scene for over a year so I don't really know what new has popped up. I used to play with KAS, TAC life support, and remote tech 2 as a core, and then just whatever was interesting at the time past that, I spent a good 2+ months with KSP Interstellar.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.