K380 Scarebus

So...yeah. I couldn't get the nose quite right for this to be classed as an actual A380 replica but it's fairly close. This was more of an exercise in building techniques than anything else. And I just wanted to make a massive plane. :)

2Ka7Vwh.jpg

451 parts. 381.7 tons. 32 engines. Seats 544+4 Kerbals. Top speed about 120 m/s. Flies like a brick. But it does fly! The wings are rock solid, so I learnt something from this build.

B5Lpb2p.jpg

snivupr.jpg

1beJLdy.jpg

Take off speed is about 75 m/s. Landing, well, I'm not going to lie, it's a challenge, but it is do-able. Throttle down to half, deploy air-brakes, reduce speed to 75 m/s and try not exceed a vertical speed of 5 m/s when you touch down. Hotkey 1 applies flaps if you need them. Hotkey 2 is for the cabin lights.

YRtfhPN.jpg

U4uNsqj.jpg

dQj2J5G.jpg

eDrdvUh.jpg

oJPhx99.jpg

s618AiL.jpg

ActNom6.jpg

So if you want to just fly a massive plane or you have some new thermal paste you need to burn in then have a go at this.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download here!

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.