Science Station Mod - Experiment: Plant Growth

Patata

Hello there!

I have downloaded the "Science Station" mod and installed it without problems, so far so good. I accept the Contract, to perform the Experiment "Plant Growth in Orbit around Kerbin". I have now built a space station with the module "Experiment: Plant Growth" and the TH-NKR Research Lab. In the Lab are 4 Scientists stationed. I can do a right-click on the Experiment: Plant Growth module and click on "Start Experiment" - but nothing is happening. I have after 22 Days in Orbit still 00.00/50.00 Eurekas.

Excuse me please for my bad english, it is not my mothers tongue^^

P.s.: Special thanks to Red Iron Crown, who solved my problem about my account activation!

Edited by Patata
No solution yet

Thank you, I didn't know where exactly I should post my problem! Here is a picture of my spaceship with the lab: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151020/s2bqzb8w.jpg

OT: Whenever I say "Reply", I still get the message that a moderator has to identify me, but the text disappears too fast so I can't read it completely.

Your English really isn't bad.
Yes indeed. In fact it is much better that mine. Welcome to the forum :wink:

Click on "start research" on the Research Lab. That should get the four scientists to start producing Eurekas which are needed for the plant growth experiment.

The bad news is once you have completed the experiment. You still cannot complete the contract because the experiment must be taken back to Kerbin. The station you designed seems to prevent this. You need use docking ports to collect the modules and bring them back. This can be done by docking another ship with the experiment or using a probe core to build a self returning experiment. Both types are shown in the Scott Manley video. At the end of that notices how an experiment ejects from the station to return home.

Edited by nobodyhasthis

Ok, then there is my actually problem: The lab tells me, that I have no scientists, when I want to click on "Start Research", but they are all stationed in the lab. The same "error message" comes when I use the normal stick-lab, so I guess the error message is not caused by the mod...!?

Thank you for the video, I will be watching it!

Edited by Patata

Ok, then there is my actually problem: The lab tells me, that I have no scientists, when I want to click on "Start Research", but they are all stationed in the lab. The same "error message" comes when I use the normal stick-lab, so I guess the error message is not caused by the mod...!?

Thank you for the video, I will be watching it!

Strange. Ok. That does sound like a bigger problem. Sorry but I have to ask for you some questions. Station Science is a big mod and not everything is explained well. Just want to check two more things.

Check the Research Lab menu. Does it say "Lab Status: Not enough crew"?

There is also an assigned tab in the Space Center Astronaut Complex. Does that have at least 3 scientists in vessel locations that look like "Seat:Seat1, Part:StnSciLab"?

The seats are numbered 1 to 4. However you only need 3 filled. The extra scientist in seat 4 just makes things go faster. If the answer is no to the first question and yes to the second then you might have a bug. I really hope this helps a bit. If you are still stuck try posting your question to the mods thread and see if other station science owners can help. The forum link is http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54774-1-0-4-Station-Science-%28v1-5%29

Edited by nobodyhasthis

The Lab says "inactive": http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151024/nkkek3mj.jpg

In the Austronaut Complex is also everything fine: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151024/je5qp9ph.jpg

That stands in the window when I click on "Start research" at the lab: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151024/4leqr2f8.jpg

Do I have a bug...? /:

Edit:

I have these mods installed:

- Deutsch Patch

- MechJeb 2

- Greenhouse Mk1-master

- Kerbal Alarm Clock_3.4.0.0

- KSPI_Extended_1.5.13

- ModuleManager-2.6.8

- Planetary Base Inc 0_2_7b

- Station Science 1.5

- TAC Life Support_0.11.1.20

- TACLS Mining

Edit:

Problem solved: I have to delete the "Deutsch Patch" and the "Language Package" (which comes with the "Deutsch Patch"), then, the lab says "100% functional". Funny that this caused the problem. I will write it in the Science Station Thread and in the German Patch thread so they know the issue!

Nevertheless, thank you to all of you for your help! I am very happy to be a part of this forum

Edited by Patata

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.