Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

Herzer Kerman, gazing into the abyss.

screenshot879.png

Alright guys, here's the craft file + the modified part

http://www./?61v3n225l1w2wmf

Put the telescope in the "Ships" folder, and the modified piece in the "Parts" folder.

1 and 2, 3 and 4 to point it.

F8 and F7 to toggle the cameras

The mods you'll need:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/12329-0-16-Multiversal-Mechatronics-Fixed-Camera-1-1?highlight=fixed+camera

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/12237-Silisko-Industries-Addon-Development-Thread-2 (Probodobodyne and BACE)

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9675-v0-16-Damned-Robotics-Version-1-2-1

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/18197-0-16-Astronaut-Memorial-Plaques

Let me know if I missed something

Edited by lucidLemon

This is probably the first thing Ive made that Im proud enough of to post here. lol

I also have a missile boat, but my game gets so choppy when I have more than 1 boat out on the water.

screenshot37.png

Edited by fox429

KSC from 70Km up using lucidLemon's telescope edit:

85deL.png

Strange that only the SPH and runway show up, going to try another pass during the day.

EDIT: Just did a vertical launch and fall, the launchpad doesn't get rendered until you're about 40km away. I lost attitude control at around 35km and didn't see the VAB or Tracking Station, so they get rendered when you're closer in I guess.

Edited by Pyre
Wrong pic >_< ; ‼SCIENCE‼

Went to Kerbin orbit with the telescope. Got nothing out of it, but I did get something of it from the surface. So I tried re-entering. I reccomend that to everyone. It is just beautiful. As long as you use the telescope, atleast.

9sfBy.jpg

This morning I deployed my Forostar Space Telescope in a 2000km Kerbin orbit! (thanks again LucidLemon for the .cfg edit) The first picture it sent back to KSC has quite a 2001 feel to it, don't you think?

mMwzC.png

Here's another one: Münrise.

3y2RJ.png

•«Never point directly at Kerbol» Oh, wait...

HYUab.png

•The telescope sitting on its final orbit insertion stage:XVJ42.png

The only too-bad-thing about this whole telescope idea -as already mentionned- is the fact that past a certain distance from other celestial bodies or spacecrafts, they don't get properly rendered anymore, leading to no zoom effect at all. So at the moment I guess scopes will only work properly on the ground, in very low Mün and Minmus orbits, and during approach phases between two spacecrafts.

But hey, that's better than nothing!

I bet someone will make a plugin to make the telescopes work one day. Even if it is Squad that makes it.

I think (and hope) so, yeah. :) When you think about it, messing with the rendering and physics engine shouldn't even be necessary, you "only" need to find a way to force-embiggen a small central part of the camera's view.

For observing the Kerbin and the Mün from Kerbin orbit, that is, because you can already see their crescent without scope. For observing Minmus and future planets from Kerbin orbit, you'll need another workaround, as they are only rendered as dots in the sky.

Edited by Enture

I think (and hope) so, yeah. :) When you think about it, messing with the rendering and physics engine shouldn't even be necessary, you "only" need to find a way to force-embiggen a small central part of the camera's view.

For observing the Kerbin and the Mün from Kerbin orbit, that is, because you can already see their crescent without scope. For observing Minmus and future planets from Kerbin orbit, you'll need another workaround, as they are only rendered as dots in the sky.

I think that everything being over 100 times lower resolution would bring up problems. The minmus-viewing workaround would have to come on the first iteration of the plugin.

I wonder how long until such a plugin will come out.

51enb.jpg

Whoever guesses the outcome of this Mun mission the most accurately will win the craft file, and the craft file of the lander it will rely on.

Oh, and to help with guessing the outcome: This is supposed to dock with a lander on a 45 degree slope at the north pole of the Mun.

Edited by SNapple

A rule I give myself is that I need to do something with stock before I do it with mods. The same applies to docking. Incase you didn't know, you can use the landing legs to dock. Just search it on youtube, there should be a tutorial or 2.

A rule I give myself is that I need to do something with stock before I do it with mods. The same applies to docking. Incase you didn't know, you can use the landing legs to dock. Just search it on youtube, there should be a tutorial or 2.

You cant time warp with it though. Which is the reason i never tried is, as i viewed it as a waste of time.

I had the wrong FOV on the telescope I uploaded, the version in the spacecraft exchange is updated.

Here's what I plan to send to the Mun next:

Do not stare directly at the sun

Hey, that's my joke! :P Ok, more seriously, is the FOV in the bit of code you gave me yesterday also different from what you use usually? If so, just let me know, so I can change it.

If my homemade Forostar Space Telescope was a great success, I can't say as much from the one I put on a munar-orbit space station: adding a gyroscope-stabilizer (SAS) on the SIDE of a spacecraft is a terrible, terrible idea, trust me; it was hard to stop the station from spinning... I'll have to re-do that.

In the meanwhile, uncrewed scouting continues on the Mün! I just landed my brand new MuSA-3 (MunScout Alpha-3) probe in the huge , kinda equatorial, west-east oriented canyon on the Far Side. Shortly after touchdown, the munar space station (the one with the telescope, on the right) and the Amandil Reconnaissance Orbiter (a capsule orbiting at 4km altitude, on the left) both flew over the landing site... I love those moments, they're kinda heartwarming!

CVDCo.png

jtiQ4.png

rLcn6.png

I know ant the only reason I havent done a rendezvous before is because there wasnt really a point to it to me.
You cant time warp with it though. Which is the reason i never tried is, as i viewed it as a waste of time.

Define "Not a waste of time" then.

I like that lander. I don't usually keep things in munar orbit, though, the get swept up into solar orbit by a rather annoying bug.

To fix the camera, simply go into the telescope's part file, and scroll to the bottom.

Where it says "cameraFOV= 5", replace it with "cameraFOV=1"

After doing that, you have to restart KSP, and delete whatever camera part you just edited. Replace it with a new version of it from the part's tab. That should fix it.

You can experiment with other FOV's, anything above 90 provides a good wide angle view. I use 135 for the probe kit's camera, but lower is probably better.

screenshot928.png

screenshot929u.png

Those two pictures were taken from the same spot, the first was with a camera that had an FOV of 135.

Edited by lucidLemon