[Kopernicus] [1.0.5] Toy Solar System v1.0.2: Fixed atmo shaders

Whirligig Girl

I know this thread is incredibly old, but I am wanting to play around with this mod, and having some trouble with the terrain heights being EXTREMELY exaggerated. Like, the mountains are all incredibly high and pointy, and look nothing like the images. I thought this might be caused by the Parallax mod, but even with tessellation disabled, it still has the issue. Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, EndeavourCmdr said:

I know this thread is incredibly old, but I am wanting to play around with this mod, and having some trouble with the terrain heights being EXTREMELY exaggerated. Like, the mountains are all incredibly high and pointy, and look nothing like the images. I thought this might be caused by the Parallax mod, but even with tessellation disabled, it still has the issue. Any ideas?

Disregard: wrong thread

Edited by Aelfhe1m

Just now, Aelfhe1m said:

What about it? I have Kopernicus installed and working just swimmingly on basically all other planetary pack mods. Is there something in that thread which hints to the exaggerated terrain issue?

Just now, EndeavourCmdr said:

What about it? I have Kopernicus installed and working just swimmingly on basically all other planetary pack mods. Is there something in that thread which hints to the exaggerated terrain issue?

Yep sorry, thought this was a different thread.

You can use the latest version of Sigma Dimensions: https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases

And then a config file something like this (I haven't tested this, so some of the numbers may need to be tweaked to work at this extreme scale):

@SigmaDimensions // (1/10th scale)
{
	// Base Settings

@Resize = 0.1
	@Rescale = 0.1
	@Atmosphere = 0.5
	@dayLengthMultiplier = 1

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 5
	@geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
	@resizeBuildings = 0
	@groundTiling = 1

@CustomSoISize = 0
	@CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
	@tempASL = 1
	@atmoTopLayer = 1
	@atmoVisualEffect = 1

@lightRange = 1

@scanAltitude = 0.5
}

5 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@EndeavourCmdr Was just reminded of another rescaling mod that might also suit as a replacement/alternative for this:

I haven't tried it myself yet, but the posts make it look promising.

Very cool. Looks like this mod might still be a bit early in development, but I'll "give it a go", nontheless!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.