The Crazy Mun/Minmus Jump

Well, here\'s Orvin, Dunsy, and Kirsted\'s attempt.

minesc1.jpg

The view was pretty nice as the ship set off to Minmus.

minesc3.jpg

It was a little tricky finding a nice landing spot that would offer the best options of cliffs and flats. Ended up landing at the X. The final jump location used was the valley north of the landing zone marked with the super awesome squigly arrows.

minesc4.jpg

For a speed jump you need flats right? Well that didn\'t end up working so well as the shore angle around the flats was just a tad to step. The Bigtrak hit that sucker at around 560m/s and pretty much vaporized into the hill. It was not a pretty sight. The crew tried to find a shallower shore line to run up but gave up on using the flats for the jump. A bit north of the landing site there was a nice deep valley that looked promising.

minesc5.jpg

It was a little bit tense as the Bigtrak perched on the valleys rim as the crew studied the valley floor for rough spots.

minesc6.jpg

Dunsy dropped the hammer and shot down one side and out the other. Catching a small ridge on the oppisite side hucked the Bigtrak off the top of the hill before it got to the peak.

minesc9.jpg

Up and away!

minesc8.jpg

Leaving Minmus.

minesc10.jpg

minesc11.jpg

And now the long wait for a rescue craft.

I\'ve attached the tweak .cfg I used in case anyone wants to play around with it :)

Well, here\'s Orvin, Dunsy, and Kirsted\'s attempt.

minesc1.jpg

The view was pretty nice as the ship set off to Minmus.

minesc3.jpg

It was a little tricky finding a nice landing spot that would offer the best options of cliffs and flats. Ended up landing at the X. The final jump location used was the valley north of the landing zone marked with the super awesome squigly arrows.

minesc4.jpg

For a speed jump you need flats right? Well that didn\'t end up working so well as the shore angle around the flats was just a tad to step. The Bigtrak hit that sucker at around 560m/s and pretty much vaporized into the hill. It was not a pretty sight. The crew tried to find a shallower shore line to run up but gave up on using the flats for the jump. A bit north of the landing site there was a nice deep valley that looked promising.

minesc5.jpg

It was a little bit tense as the Bigtrak perched on the valleys rim as the crew studied the valley floor for rough spots.

minesc6.jpg

Dunsy dropped the hammer and shot down one side and out the other. Catching a small ridge on the oppisite side hucked the Bigtrak off the top of the hill before it got to the peak.

minesc9.jpg

Up and away!

minesc8.jpg

Leaving Minmus.

minesc10.jpg

minesc11.jpg

And now the long wait for a rescue craft.

I\'ve attached the tweak .cfg I used in case anyone wants to play around with it :)

I don\'t care if it\'s a orbit or not escaping is IMPRESSIVE!

Congrats!

You get a Booster!

remote1.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.