Munar Eclipse?

Twinky827

Not sure the game\'s lighting system is sophisticated enough to simulate the umbra and penumbra from the light passing through Kerbin\'s atmosphere, so it certainly won\'t produce the beautiful redness that the Lunar Eclipse does...

As an event, however, in which Kerbol is obscured from view on the Munar surface by Kerbin, I am certain that this does happen at somepoint.

I\'d be more interested to know whether the proportions of the Mun\'s diameter and the distance from Kerbol are sufficient such that a Kerbolar eclipse similar to our Solar eclipse is possible.

While I wouldn\'t imagine a Lunar eclipse would be noticeable, I myself have seen a Solar eclipse take place in KSP.

I didn\'t actually notice it was happening until the Sun poked out from behind the Mun in the middle of my view whilst I was in orbit above Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.