Jeb's War Rig

KatzOhki

Hi all, I just wanted to share this with everyone. I'm rather proud of how it turned out. I've been a long time lurker on the Spacecraft Exchange as well, so I thought it was about time I contributed to it. This is a "Mad Max" inspired fuel tanker (aka "War Rig"). It is designed to be able to drive around on Minmus to deliver and transport fuel. It comes in two sections, the tanker section and the tractor section. The tank is designed to be able to independently fly to and from Minmus surface to an orbital station, but I have NOT tested this function yet.

Please let me know what you think! :)

2A2712B52320A0135832AA00AF638FDDF47727DB

1D42BA94B54F61A268499F14A1311E85CA08E04E

Shiny and chrome, I ride into Valhalla!

DD07A1D1DE48ABAA1652618CAB83E55EA3955D78

Star truckin' across the universe!

CRAFT FILE DOWNLOAD:

https://sites.google.com/site/katzcospace/downloads/Jebs%20War%20Rig.craft?attredirects=0&d=1

Tips:

The original version did not have any room for Kerbals, but I have added two seats behind the cab. You may wish to add more.

Launching these parts can be a bit unwieldy, I recommend launching the parts separately. Also, adding decouple-able reaction wheels helps with stability and maneuvering during transport.

If you want to use this in career, but don't have the required drone core, you can easily replace them. Don't forget to re-add the headlights ;)

The RCS thrusters and small engines on the tractor unit are functional, but mostly there for decoration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.