How properly use portable scanner?

Pawelk198604

I just bought this scanner because I'm writing a thesis about the life and work of Count Aleksander Fredro, a well-known Polish nineteenth century playwright and comedy writer, I do not know if anyone heard about him, his comedies are still popular, helped us Poles to survive the hard times of partition, when Poland did not exist as sovereign state. Count Fredro is also known of quite acute obscene creativity, still well liked especially by Polish gimnzialists  "junior high school students" (despite that Polish literacy teachers would prefer them to study more age appropriate Fredra works :D

Returning to subject i need to study Fredro works, but somehow University libraries don't want lent my some of the books, strangely why the fuss? This books are from XIX century why they are old anyway ;-)

But i have problem with that scanner, how make good scanning      

That doesn't look like a scanner you can use on books unless you tear a page out, judging by the lettering on the box "Portable Autofeeding Color Scanner for A4 Documents". A4 is letter (8.5 x 11)

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting you tear a page out of  a 19th century copy of anything.

Edit: Though I suppose it might be possible if you can just use that removable top portion. I wouldn't know. I shouldn't have posted.

Edited by Randazzo

14 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

That doesn't look like a scanner you can use on books unless you tear a page out, judging by the lettering on the box "Portable Autofeeding Color Scanner for A4 Documents". A4 is letter (8.5 x 11)

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting you tear a page out of  a 19th century copy of anything.

Edit: Though I suppose it might be possible if you can just use that removable top portion. I wouldn't know. I shouldn't have posted.

Yes it had removable top.

My profesor advised me to buy it.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w460/Pawelk198604/20151214_202750_zpsjtwrhzc2.jpg

Edited by Pawelk198604

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.