Update Causing Problems with MecJEb

Hey guys

So i just updated to 1.0.5 and MechJeb isn't working. I know this has been asked before, and I'm aware that there is a site I can go to to get the new MechJeb Mod. But the problem is I am an idiot with computers. I know how to install a mod, and thats about it. I just want to make sure that when I update MechJeb, all my existing flights with MechJeb parts won't get destroyed (this happened when I was trying to use Karbonite and I did some dumb stuff). Anyways, basically what I'm asking is for some kind soul to take the time to tell me the steps I need to take to do this properly.

Thanks a ton!

First of all, go to this site and download CKAN. It will make installing and updating modules so much easier.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki

Read the user guide and follow it's instructions. I installed the file in my main KSP directory and created a link on the desktop to run it.

Now go to the GameData folder in your KSP directory and MOVE almost every directory AND file to a spare directory elsewhere. Make sure to leave the SQUAD directory and it's contents in the KSP GameData directory.

Now Start CKAN and after you point it to the KSP files, it will automatically get a list of available mods for you. It will only ask for the game files the first time you run it.

Click on the Filter button (Magnifying Glass) and select Compatible from the list. Scroll down the list until you find MechJeb 2 and click on the box in front of it to select it. I also recommend 'MechJeb and Engineer for all!' as well as 'Menu Stabilizer' which help with things in flight. Next, click on the Apply Changes button and CKAN will take care of downloading and installing everything without causing you any frustration.

Make sure to select any other mods that you had installed to get them installed under CKAN as well.

I normally run CKAN once before I begin playing just to make sure that all my mods are up to date.

Regards Brad 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.