Are the 1.05 changes retroactive?

I read that one of the changes in v1.05 is

• Base and Station, plant flag, kerbal recoveries (rescues), crewed surveys, tourism, and some World Firsts contracts now require manned progress.

What will happen to any flights that I have in progress that do not comply.  For example I have several multi year missions in process to rescue Kerbals from deep space that are not manned, also I have several bases in flight that are not manned.

I think you're reading it wrong.

You do not need anything to be manned.

You *need* your vessel to be manned to qualify for certain base and station contracts (but very few, actually, most just ask you to get the facility there and don't care if it's staffed). Plant flag obviously needs a Kerbal. Rescues most definitely don't need you to send a kerbal to pick up another - you just need to get a controlled vessel close enough to switch to the rescued Kerbal. Crew reports need a kerbal on board, so if you get a contract for a survey you need to do it in person. Tourists are Kerbals. And some world firsts are things like stepping foot on another moon or planet - and that foot is generally attached to the Kerbal.

So the common theme is that to get credit for all of these things, or to get them to work, a Kerbal is necessarily involved. Any other unmanned flights are just that: unmanned flights that may or may not qualify for progress. I'm prettry sure that the "fly by a new planet" world first can just as well be done by a machine.

Thank you for this.  I now see the document refers to 'manned progress', whatever that is, and not manned vessels.

On a related topic:  Under Leadership Initiative Strategy there is reference to Milestone gains.  What are these and where would I find a list of ones achieved and ones waiting to be achieved?

Many thanks

Edited by THobson

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.