Game won't get past loading screen

Hi everyone,

I am running KSP 1.0.5 on a WIn 8.1 x64 machine (FX-8350,8gb ram, GTX 980) with 37 mods, and the game won't get past the loading screen when starting a new game. 

I tried both x32 and x64 versions, OpenGL, DX11 and DX9 but nothing changes. 

n3bAJCP.png

Edited by Xiadros

Two possibilities immediately spring to mind:

1. You are running out of KSP-accessible memory. With B9 Aerospace, KW Rocketry, a portion of the NecroBones suite including Space-Y and it's expansion, plus other part mods and texture replacer, I think this is highly likely.
  2. One of the parts is breaking the game.

Here's how you can check these things:

1. While KSP is loading, press ctrl+alt+delete and open task manager. Locate the KSP process and monitor it's memory usage. If it exceeds ~3.2 GB (sometimes it can reach a little bit higher), the game will crash because it's out of addressable memory. Even though your machine has more RAM, KSP cannot access it. There is no official 64-bit version. The highest safe limit I've been able to reach with out frequent subsequent game crashes during play is ~2.5 GB.
  2. Check your output log for errors. If a part is outdated, it can break the game entirely during loading, but this will throw an error in the log showing what part it is.

4 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Two possibilities immediately spring to mind:

1. You are running out of KSP-accessible memory. With B9 Aerospace, KW Rocketry, a portion of the NecroBones suite including Space-Y and it's expansion, plus other part mods and texture replacer, I think this is highly likely.
  2. One of the parts is breaking the game.

Here's how you can check these things:

1. While KSP is loading, press ctrl+alt+delete and open task manager. Locate the KSP process and monitor it's memory usage. If it exceeds ~3.2 GB (sometimes it can reach a little bit higher), the game will crash because it's out of addressable memory. Even though your machine has more RAM, KSP cannot access it. There is no official 64-bit version. The highest safe limit I've been able to reach with out frequent subsequent game crashes during play is ~2.5 GB.
  2. Check your output log for errors. If a part is outdated, it can break the game entirely during loading, but this will throw an error in the log showing what part it is.

The game reaches 2,8gb of memory usage, but with the previous install it only reached 1,8gb without working

5 minutes ago, Xiadros said:

this is where the game gets stuck. Where can i find the log file?bYdXZmm.png

Ah, that's a bit farther than I thought you were getting. I thought it was sticking on the first loading screen when you start the game up.

Do you have Kerbal Konstructs installed? (kerbinside)

The log is under the kspdata folder.

2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Ah, that's a bit farther than I thought you were getting. I thought it was sticking on the first loading screen when you start the game up.

Do you have Kerbal Konstructs installed? (kerbinside)

The log is under the kspdata folder.

Is it the output_log? 

And no, I don't have kerbal konstructs installed.

12 minutes ago, Xiadros said:

Is it the output_log? 

And no, I don't have kerbal konstructs installed.

output_log, yes.

Edit: Looks like Kerbal Galaxy could be your problem - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116058-wip-104-galactic-neighborhood/&do=findComment&comment=2333210 and http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/128342-mods-wont-work-properly/

And the Kerbal Galaxy thread itself

Edited by Randazzo

19 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Updated Kopernicus, now it works (not even using OpenGL)!

THANK YOU

P.S. It's a pity that Kerbal Galaxy won't get further updated though...

Edited by Xiadros

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.