[Papercraft] Paper Space Shuttles, the ISS, and other space related things

TelluriumCrystal

I came across this website awhile ago and after a brief search of the forums came to the conclusion that nobody had mentioned it yet. You can find all sorts of realistic card stock models that you literally print out and glue together! :)

Heres the URL: http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/index.html

Also, if anyone has the time to make anything, do post a picture of it! :)

I came across this website awhile ago and after a brief search of the forums came to the conclusion that nobody had mentioned it yet. You can find all sorts of realistic card stock models that you literally print out and glue together! :)

Heres the URL: http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/index.html

Also, if anyone has the time to make anything, do post a picture of it! :)

I sont have pics but ive made columbie and enterprise about a 3 years ago in 5th grade classes

Just finished a very nice looking SpaceX Dragon in its orbital configuration [1:100 scale]! (currently working on the Falcon 9 rocket) :)

MqbA8.jpg

I also dug up a picture of the Space Shuttle Atlantis in its stack configuration for the final shuttle mission [1:144 scale]:

f3ddA.jpg?1

lso, here\'s a Kerbal MK1 pod papercraft for KSP fans:

-snip-

Wow, your papercrafting skills vastly outweigh mine. Very nicely done!

AMX has some really nice looking paper models but it seems like the downloads are missing the bottom of the shuttle. Am I overlooking something on the site?

EDIT: Found it in the Assembly instructions & Files section

Not sure if this is reviving a thread, though I would have posted in it earlier if I hadn\'t been nazi\'d by the anti-bot ip ban system... :\'(

I have finished Zarya! :D This is the first component of the International Space Station, which was built by Russia and launched on a Proton rocket. Here it is in all its glory [1:100 scale]:

6ULGp.jpg

scMnK.jpg

AhtWk.jpg

dp4K7.jpg

PDZOM.jpg

Why are the solar panels folded up you ask? This is the current configuration of Zarya on the ISS, to make room for the station\'s radiators. Because I am building the entire model, I figured I would just make the folded solar panels now and save myself the trouble of doing it later.

I have also finished Unity! This is the second part of the ISS and was built in the US and launched on the Space Shuttle. Here it is [1:100 scale]:

Zarya and Unity docked:

cbfdZ.jpg

PMA-1; Now permanently connects Zarya and Unity:

Dq0md.jpg

Unity, the first US module and also the first node:

2QkPK.jpg

PMA-2; Used by the Space Shuttle to dock with the ISS on most future missions (note the grapple fixtures):

0d6GQ.jpg

Now work begins on the next module, Zvezda, a Russian built module which acts as a service module to the ISS! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.