Guiding parts seperate to command pod

A Fat Pokemon

It doesn\'t seem to be well known, to me really, that you can actually switch to debris ejected from your ships. You can end flights also with this to clear up some Kerbin space. An opportunity for this though, just if you want to have some fun, is that you can make some sort of missile with an A.S.A.S system, not quite sure if that would work with debris, and maybe launch it into stuff 8)

Edit* Thought I mentioned this in the first part, guess not, but you can actually control the debris, well, I haven\'t fully tested everything, but I did extend and retract a landing strut a few times, its basically your controlling the debris is what I meant.

There have been rumblings on unmanned flights being possible with stock parts come the future. When pilot control comes into effect, I wouldn\'t mind if ASAS was converted to an automated system allowing unmanned control of modules or craft. Until then you can use Mechjeb and let it do all your work for you. Remember it is a user-made mod and can end up out of sync with each update.

A remote \'controller\' pod would be a good idea. You could have signal-boosting things like antennas to ensure it gets signal, and there could even be a delay for control depending on how far away it is.

i mentioned, that mechjeb controlled decoupled parts ('debris') are pretty bad controllable even with SAS and RCS system on them. I have no idea, why, or how to fight this.

That\'s because they don\'t have the magic capsule power.

That\'s because they don\'t have the magic capsule power.

The command modules do carry a SAS system of their own, it just isn\'t as commanding a system as the SAS and ASAS modules. But in the end, SAS and ASAS will go the way of the dodo and it will all be in the kerbin\'s hands.

The command modules do carry a SAS system of their own, it just isn\'t as commanding a system as the SAS and ASAS modules. But in the end, SAS and ASAS will go the way of the dodo and it will all be in the kerbin\'s hands.

So the Dutch will come along in their 17th Century ships, release cats and pests into their natural habitat, and slaughter them to eat?

So the Dutch will come along in their 17th Century ships, release cats and pests into their natural habitat, and slaughter them to eat?

If you mean the Kerbal equivalent of the Dutch decide to raid the KSC warehouses with nanites that eat trajectory and guidance hardware, then yes.

A gruesome, but very kerbal picture. Perhaps the Kerbal-Dutch prefer that kerbals do it on their own and not put their lives in the hands of autopilot hardware. Sounds like a stance Jeb would believe in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.