Planetary Station Parts Disappears

Hi,

I'm planning my first planetary station (playing the game for 100+ hours but never build one :blush:) but when I try to put the parts together, they disappear. For moving the parts I build some kind of a moving crane, the 'hook' is the advanced grabbing unit. For testing I place the crane on the launch pad, drive it a few meters away, go back to Kerbal space station. After this I place the station part on the launch pad, again going back to Kerbal space station. Then I take control of the crane, move it to the station part, grab it with the AGU und and move it around. When I place it anywhere and switch back to Kerbin space station, the station part disappeard.

I don't know, if it's a known bug or if anyone had this issues before me, but please let me know, if I've done anything wrong.

For the crane I'm using parts from Infernal Robotics, the other stuff should be provided by the main game.

KSP: 1.05 Windows 10

Problem: Station parts disappear after grabbing with AGU

Mods installed:

• Alternate Resource Panel
  • Chatterer
  • Cherent Contracts
  • Contract Configurator
  • Contract Pack: SCAN Sat
  • Contract Window +
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • Enhanced Navball
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • Final Frontier
  • Infernal Robotics Model Rework Core Pack
  • Infernal Robotics Model Rework Expansion Pack
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • Kerbal Attachment System
  • Kerbal Inventory System
  • Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
  • Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics
  • MechJeb 2
  • Module Manager
  • Planet Shine
  • Prcise Node
  • Raster Prop Monitor
  • RCS Build Aid
  • RCS Sounds
  • SCANsat
  • Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies
  • Toadicus Tools
  • Toolbar
  • Transfer Window Planner
  • VOID
  • Waypoint Manager
  • Wider Contracts App

Thank you for your help.

EDIT:

The KSP Log:

KSP.log

PlanetShine.log
MiniAVC.log

VesselSimulator.log
MechJeb2.log

Best regards

Christian

Edited by AngryMonkey
Logs Attached

Thank you! Unfortunately there're no errors logged concerning your problem. :(

But there's a clue: IR is know to cause problems if you attach a docking port to the end of an actuator. The AGU is in fact a disguised docking port. Also it is a known source for krakens. You should avoid using it. You can replace it with the magnet and the hooks from KAS.

12 hours ago, *Aqua* said:

Thank you! Unfortunately there're no errors logged concerning your problem. :(

But there's a clue: IR is know to cause problems if you attach a docking port to the end of an actuator. The AGU is in fact a disguised docking port. Also it is a known source for krakens. You should avoid using it. You can replace it with the magnet and the hooks from KAS.

Thank you for your help analysing my log files.

I read about the issues about docking ports and IR but it didn't come to my mind, the AGU could be also a docking port :blush: it's not directly attached to a part of IR, but I think, this is the reason, the station parts disappear.

My first try for the crane was to use the magnet and the hook, but unfortunately I didn't discover it in the tech tree yet :blush: then I have to wait a little more for my first planetary station but this will not be a problem, my mind is full of probes I didn't realize yet.

Thank you very very much for your help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.