IRC clients?

bandit4910

I use Xchat, although that\'s mainly because it works on both my gaming machine and the Linux box I use when I\'m away from home.

There\'s not much innovation you can do with IRC, so there\'s really no reason to insist on a client that was started recently over one that\'s been around (and stable) since, say, 98.

I use Pidgin, because it lets me connect to all of my IM accounts (gmail, yahoo, facebook, IRC, lots more that I don\'t use) through one client.

I used to use pidgin on a tablet that I got working from 08.(My sisters friend had the tablet but couldn\'t get it working so she gave it to her, and then my sister gave it to me.) Didn\'t know it had a windows version.

X-Chat WDK, although I have a license for mIRC somewhere, too. X-Chat WDK is generally more stable than mIRC and is scriptable by Lua, Python, and Perl, though, so I tend to use it more often.

I use xchat. Easy setup, scriptable (if you have the time/effort to give) and works/looks nice on my ubuntu laptop.

I didn\'t really care for mIRC, the cost and just the layout overall

I used ChatZilla back when my desktops weren\'t RAM-limited. It\'s rather nice if you already use Firefox, and doesn\'t have the learning curve of a CLI client.

These days, I stick with irssi. I know a bit more about IRC, and see the above comment on RAM limitations.

On my phone (a Droid 3), I use AndChat.

I used ChatZilla back when my desktops weren\'t RAM-limited. It\'s rather nice if you already use Firefox, and doesn\'t have the learning curve of a CLI client.

These days, I stick with irssi. I know a bit more about IRC, and see the above comment on RAM limitations.

On my phone (a Droid 3), I use AndChat.

Oh, thanks for the android client. Well, I figured out what I\'m going to be using. It\'s a web client called mibbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.