Dead Kerbals without a launch

Hi everyone,

not 100% sure if this is the right sub forum (if not would a mod be so kind to push me where i have to go?)

I have a strange Problem with my little Kerbonauts. A couple of Days ago Bill, Jeb and Bob all were suddenly K.I.A.(or atleast M.I.A) and I had absolutly no idea what happened. None of my Rockets exploded or anything.

To get them back i had to move back to an old save file wich was already a couple of days  (day 30 something instead of 40 something) behind. Now it took me a few Real Life days to get my Rocket Programm back to the point before this happened.

Then I had suddenly another Kerbal missing... (thanks God it was only a 1 star freshly rescued Engineer) but again it did not happen while he was on a mission.

Now today I finally had the problem located when suddenly Valentina Kerbin was Missing aswell. Sadly I didnt had any old enough safe file anymorewhere she wasnt missing already aswell... So i downloaded a mod to revive her (Crew Manifest) cause I can live with a dead Kerbal IF I KILL HIM/HER Personaly in a mistake. not if they become Missing in Action WITHOUT any action.

But I located the reason why they go missing i think.... Cause Valentina was in a Test Base a couple of meters next to the runway where i made some tests and forgot to recover the vessel. Then jumping to different ships moving some satelites... doing some quiting the game and restarting later... the Base Test next to the Runway was empty of Kerbals and Valentina was called Missing/Killed in Action.

So... Kerbals in a Ship on the Launchpad or Runway suddenly count as dead if you switch the vessel for some amount of time.

Is this a bug thats known? Is this somethign that might be caused by some mods?  

Greetings Doodle

Nope from those "game changing" mods i have only Scansat and Remote Tech the rest of my addons is more of "supportive" nature like KER, KAC, Docking Port Allignement, RCS Helper and the like.

Dont have any kind of lifesupport.... thats the reason it confuses me so much that this happens (and that I can reproduce it)

I've had flags disappear from around the pad and runways, but not Kerbals yet. Then again I don't usually leave them sitting around, I tend to herd them back into the Astronaut Complex as soon as I switch back to KSC.

It's too late tonight, but I'll se if I can run some tests with a new save. I'll report.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.