Around the world in any amount of days.

I propose a challenge to make a rocket car that goes all the way around Kerbal without flying. I\'m not sure how we\'re going to tackle the ocean issue, but I have a couple of ideas:

Make another plane that can land near, attach to, and carry your car over the ocean and then safely drop it on the other side

yes, it is extremely complicated.

Make a car that can fly across the ocean, but ONLY fly it across the ocean.

just trudge through the ocean, even though you go very very slow through it.

So yeah, let me know what people think while I attempt this myself.

Kerbin can be circumnavigated by land, you just need to get very near the poles in places.

The real problem of circumnavigation is the boredom. Took me a month of playing to circumnavigate the Mun and I could do that in mostly a straight line, dropping stations in my path every 100km to relieve the monotony. Minmus was a much shorter drive, but the terrain is very unforgiving.

Kerbin circumnavigation would be three times as long as Munar circumnavigation, but because of the oceans, it would wind up even longer. Crossing an ocean, on, or under the water can be done, but would be madenningly tedious. You would almost certainly save significant amounts of time by driving around the oceans.

I got bored just driving from a poor landing site a few klicks off from KSC2 to the space centre itself, that only took about 20 minutes. Maybe when there is more varied scenery to drive over this challenge will be worth it.

If you stay still, you\'ll travel around Kerbin in six hours...

Scientists call this phenomenon a 'day'... ;)

But, you don\'t travel around Kerbin. Relative to Kerbin, you are staying perfectly still. You never went 'around' the actual planet\'s surface itself!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.