Get in Munar orbit with minimalised rocket. [MechJeb]

The challenge is simple, quite easy if you get the tricky part right. (lol, otherwise I wouldn\'t be able to do it)

Enter Mun orbit with the supplied ship. (orbit must not be hyperbolic, may be elliptical, must not escape Mun SOI, no orbits under 2 kilometers)

screenshot6.png

*Note that I used MechJeb for orbital information, you are free to use it\'s other tools, but they won\'t be of much help (Except maybe KILL ROT)

It is a simple ship, but just a tiny bit tricky to pilot. Smart A.S.S may make it easier to fly, but I haven\'t tried yet.

The leaderboard will be held by MET at the time of screenshot with orbital information, so be quick with that camera (unlike me)

[list type=decimal]

[li]jqhullekes 03:58:02[/li]

[li]gresrun 04:04:33[/li]

[li]Koschei 04:13:23[/li]

[li][/li]

[li][/li]

[li][/li]

[li][/li]

[li][/li]

[li][/li]

[li][/li]

The ship is attached at bottom of post. Fly safe(not like they\'re going to return alive, :o), and have fun.

Too rich for my blood. I get into kerb\'s orbit but always run out of fuel 3/4 of the way to completing TLI.

When I try to do a continuous burn from ground without ever completing a full orbit around the planet I can never get the timing right.

Too rich for my blood. I get into kerb\'s orbit but always run out of fuel 3/4 of the way to completing TLI.

When I try to do a continuous burn from ground without ever completing a full orbit around the planet I can never get the timing right.

Yep, it\'s all about timing-TLI isn\'t the way to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.