Go in Orbit of Sun (GOS)

3 minutes ago, Rigel Agar said:

This mission is that you must go in orbit near the sun without exploding. no hyperedit. all moded parts are accepted. send your pictures and your crafts via dropbox.

And no Alt+F-12. Go and have a look at the Challenge Submission Guidelines - it's stickied in Challenges and Mission Ideas.

EDIT: Oh and it doesn't have to be Dropbox. It could be Mega or KerbalX.com.

Edited by RA3236

There was a great challenge pre 1.0 that was flying around but never took off.

Weywot8 was going to reboot it but last activity from Weywot8 was August last year so might be worth having a dig into the challenge and seeing if you can draw some inspiration to bolster your challenge OP.

This is one I would enter given a decent set of rules, awards etc.

Good luck!

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet

16 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

There was a great challenge pre 1.0 that was flying around but never got legs.

Weywot8 was going to reboot it but last activity from Weywot8 was August last year so might be worth having a dig into the challenge and seeing if you can draw some inspiration to bolster your challenge OP.

This is one I would enter given a decent set of rules, awards etc.

Good luck!

SM

ill make a ship and youll see me orbiting near sun and i will make my kerbal is still alive.

I do believe the rules need some improvement. With the Alt+F12 cheat window I can take a vector strapped to a command chair and a reaction wheel right into the atmosphere of the sun. Not much of a challenge there. And as Mullet pointed out, this is deserving of a better set of rules.

I also don't see why we need to share the images via dropbox when we can post them into the thread with less hassle (and more bragging rights). And we can share craft via KerbalX rather than dropbox (which I don't believe everyone uses anyhow).

16 hours ago, FungusForge said:

I do believe the rules need some improvement. With the Alt+F12 cheat window I can take a vector strapped to a command chair and a reaction wheel right into the atmosphere of the sun. Not much of a challenge there. And as Mullet pointed out, this is deserving of a better set of rules.

I also don't see why we need to share the images via dropbox when we can post them into the thread with less hassle (and more bragging rights). And we can share craft via KerbalX rather than dropbox (which I don't believe everyone uses anyhow).

I know FungusForge. this rules will change every time so don't worry. about the dropbox and kerbalx. if your using dropbox, you can get the file easy and without searching. kerbalx, you must search the name and sometimes, kerbalx is unavailable to upload some craft files. So thats is why i recommend using dropbox not kerbalx.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.