RSS Mars Rocket Request

Happy900

I'm not terrible at Kerbal Space Program however I'm not very good at building rockets, at all. So I was wondering if there was any avid rocket builders out there would like help me out. I need an  easy to use rocket that can get to mars with the realistic solar system mod (1/10th version). This is the  criteria.

• Able to land on mars with the RSS addon (1/10th version) with a fair amount of ease
  • Uses SpaceY and SpaceY expanded (Can also use other addons as long as it's realisticish)
  • Final landing pod has solar panels, ladders to get out and enough space to carry four crew members
  • It doesn't have to be able to get back

I know I could try and build my own and with practice I would get it right but this is a request not a demand! 

Edited by Happy900

3 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

There is no rocket like that, unless you want to start by sending a probe. Manned missions to any planet IRL are a big deal. Habs need to be docked in space. If you want good lifters for the habs, I might help.

I'm using the 1/10th version as stated which is the same size as the Kerbal solar system so it's perfectly possible, although I say that I'm not very experienced and what you're suggesting might be the best solution.

Edited by Happy900

3 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

There is no rocket like that, unless you want to start by sending a probe. Manned missions to any planet IRL are a big deal. Habs need to be docked in space. If you want good lifters for the habs, I might help.

You can totally make a Mars rocket to land there in a single launch in normal RSS.

6 minutes ago, Happy900 said:

I'm using the 1/10th version as stated which is the same size as the Kerbal solar system so it's perfectly possible, although I say that I'm not very experienced and what you're suggesting might be the best solution.

1:10th version of RSS has about the same dV requirements as the stock Kerbol system AFAIK. So your average Duna rocket should be able to get to Mars; you might want to make it a bit bigger because you'll spend some dV doing orbital inclination changes.

Edited by Gaarst

5 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

You can totally make a Mars rocket to land there in a single launch in normal RSS.

1:10th version of RSS has about the same dV requirements as the stock Kerbol system AFAIK. So your average Duna rocket should be able to get to Mars; you might want to make it a bit bigger because you'll spend some dV doing orbital inclination changes.

The problem is I know how to get to mars and the kind of rocket that is required I'm just awful at building a stable, usable rocket with everything I need.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.