Contract Slave

Choctofliatrio2.0

57 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

What your accomplishing is gathering science. You know, the thing that all the other programs are meant to do?

Dont feel bad if you dont have the giantest beast of money factory space program ever, the ultimate goal of a space program is to venture to the stars and learn as much as we can about space!

If that were the goal of career, it would be much better. It would be nice if it was designed with more "fog of war" that required exploration to open---science as useful stuff for the player, not "points."

Using contracts packs and contract configurator does help (along with stagerecovery to get back some cash), but yeah, it;s often sending me things that I don't want to (thanks to Strategias 'slot machine' strategy, I can decline contracts free of penalty, Or I guess one could set that to 0 from the start) and honestly, I would rather do exploration and other stuff rather than have to do moneymaking stuff.

One good way to gather cash is to chain contracts together, like tourism or survey contracts.

Atm though in my career game, I'm going through the historic mission contract pack.

Once I have a decent chunk of money going, what I usually do is choose for myself what I want to build and where I want to go with it, and then start looking for contracts that fit into what I'm already doing--small parts that want testing at that location, small satellites I can tow into the correct orbit on my way there, tourists that want to tag along for the ride, planting flags and gathering science, etc.

I also find that any big enough ship technically counts as a "station" already (five seats, solar panels, a docking clamp, and an antenna? Check!), so if I can get a "build station at ___" contract before I launch it, great! It's so nice to be paid for what I was already planning to do anyway.

(Come to think of it, that last sentence describes my job as a physics teacher pretty well too...)

Edited by AbacusWizard

I was like that when the game began, but now since is very difficult to get contracts easily done by a single craft, i just go whit anything that works, and most times i get a lot of funds from them, let's hope 1.1 gets a better system for contracts leaving aside the important ones from the rest, like the exploration ones (they should be fixed) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.