How did you come to get your screen name?

hpearson

I picked Redneck because I live in Southeast Texas. 'Umm, yes sir! Thats just how we roll 'round down yonder in my neck of the woods' *Spit* Ding!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAWW!!!! I'm from Alabamer!

Igot my name from the 75th Ranger Regiment of the U.S. Army. I've been a big fan of theirs for quite a while. I alternate between RangerDanger75 and ReconRanger75. Ranger Danger is just a kind of goofy thing that me and my Army buddies say, although I'm sure other Joes say it as well.

I picked HarbingeR as a nick way back in the late 90's / early 00's as it means 'bearer of ill omen'; a messenger of doom. We started playing lots of FPS games and I had mad skillz :P

I use HellborN-HarbingeR when the first isn't available or as of late, BloodSteyn

'Twas about five years ago when I got around to trying out World of Warcraft. I wanted a 'Night Elf' sounding name, and went with Norinvaush or something, but then when I remade my druid, I just went with Norinvaux.

Despite no longer playing WoW (due to it being a massive grindfest, though it's still an awesome game if you just don't level up and instead explore), I still use the name nearly everywhere I go. Aside from IRC, in which I use 'GuyWithAGuitah', 'ThisGuy', and 'ThatGuy'.

Way back when, I picked up Runescape and looked around for a username. I used 'Chrome' because I saw my Chromehounds case, but of course it was taken and it suggested some numbers for the end, I went with Chrome406 because it was easy to remember.

Somewhere along the line it mutated to matty406 to become more recognizable to people I knew in the real world.

My real name is Hansen McDahl Johnson.

No, it's Matthew, Matty, Matt, and the like.

I have this name because I like to take pictures of Architecture and I like to look at Architecture and also there's that thing where if your the Architect that means you have designed either a building or a piece of software (Namely a 3D space with it's own 'rules' like physics and other things). I would like to do both but most probably only will do the second one (hopefully)

It was back in the late 90s when we finally got an Internet connection with a modem 56k. I had this good idea to get ICQ and AIM to chat and needed a handle.

So, I looked to my favorite SciFi series, Perry Rhodan, and selected the name of a top scientist there. But I didn't correctly remember the name and made a typo, making me known as awarringer for a couple of years.

Eventually, when I joined SpaceBattles, i decided to drop the 'a' and as such became known as 'Warringer'.

The rest, as they say, is history. :P

Back in 2003 I started playing a very fine game called Planetside. i needed a character name, and had just finished reading some Peter F. Hamilton stuff that was repeatedly referring to xenos and xenocs. It appealed to me. Been using it ever since :D

Back in 2003 I started playing a very fine game called Planetside. i needed a character name, and had just finished reading some Peter F. Hamilton stuff that was repeatedly referring to xenos and xenocs. It appealed to me. Been using it ever since :D

Planetside was amazing! new one out soon :o

Good afternoon, Gentlemen!

It all started when i was about 8, when me and my brothers saw '2001, a space odyssey'. We were all fascinated by HAL, and suddenly they decided that they would call me HAL 9000 (because my name starts with Hal- )just to irritate me (which i actually was, being 8 years old and all). Some years later i found out that it would be fun to use on the internets, so I have been using it ever since. 8)

ekranoplan-caspian-sea-monster-04.jpg

Ironic, since I was born and grew up in/around Palmdal

Palmdale? Cool, I'm from Lancaster! However, I live in Kansas now (since '99). Gotta love the stuff that comes out of Plant 42. :)

Anyway, about my I.D...

I used to fly Beechcraft King Airs (90 and 350), among other business planes. I now instruct in the C90GTx. I started using KingAirDriver years ago when I started flying them and it stuck!

Palmdale? Cool, I'm from Lancaster! However, I live in Kansas now (since '99).

Sweet, another AV kid! I was actually born in Lancaster and grew up in Acton; I just say Palmdale for the sake of simplicity. There are several Lancasters but only one Palmdale, and considering the AV is more or less the cradle of supersonic aviation I would hope that most people here would recognize the name. I moved out as well about 3 years ago, living in Spokane, WA now. I kind of miss all the airborne activity but I do not miss the wind and weather.

Sweet, another AV kid! I was actually born in Lancaster and grew up in Acton; I just say Palmdale for the sake of simplicity. There are several Lancasters but only one Palmdale, and considering the AV is more or less the cradle of supersonic aviation I would hope that most people here would recognize the name. I moved out as well about 3 years ago, living in Spokane, WA now. I kind of miss all the airborne activity but I do not miss the wind and weather.

I hear ya on the wind! Kansas has wind ALL the time, and we're at 40+ days of triple digit heat right now. At least the desert was dry- the humidity can suck at times, but at least it's not as bad as the Gulf states!

My real name is Niall, and I was niall_UK for a long time, but then a dutch mate of mine on another forum changed it to nailz, hard to say niall i guess, and it stuck...

added the Ker bit on here because a google search of internet 'handles' brings up way to many hits, so every new forum gets the little addage..

My real name is Johnathan. However, I am Australian; and we always shorten everything. Every Johnathan in the country is automatically Johno. :)

That said, my usual nickname is 'Sir.' School kids can't be bothered learning names. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.