[Win][With Auto-Updater!] Kerbal Space Program: Mod Manager

Nice plugin. I do have one suggestion, though. You could use 7zips DLL to support most mod files. I am highly certain I read on their site that they allow the use of it, might want to double check that first so you don\'t get into legal trouble. 7zips DLL can even help with making your own mod packaging system.

I\'ll look into the 7zips DLL.

Although, the DLL I\'m using now can make my own packaging system.

I just haven\'t gotten around coding everything yet. I would first like to complete the functionality for the regular users. Then add the more advanced systems. And lot\'s of bug fixed.

Edit: Nope. I just checked it out. It\'s useless for me. Thanks anyway tho.

Speaking of more advanced things... I\'ve been playing around with a few things and I\'m just getting Apache running, but I found a free webhost we can use. It has full support for MySQL, PHP, HTML (duh), Ruby on Rails, ASP.Net, Python, Perl, and Java. There\'s a MySQL database there ready for testing, but I have no idea how to use it. Programming web-stuff is not my specialty.

Hey there. This is a great tool that ive been experimenting with , but I keep getting errors that prevent downloads. Can you help?

I tried to download the Mechajeb via the URL function , but got the following error

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Could not read block - no data! (position 0x00000000)

at Ionic.Zip.SharedUtilities._ReadFourBytes(Stream s, String message)

at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Kerbal Space Program Mod Manager

Assembly Version: 1.4.3.2

Win32 Version: 1.4.3.2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/KSP/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Mod%20Manager.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Data

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Data.DataSetExtensions

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll

System.Numerics

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

Ionic.Zip

Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8

Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/KSP/Ionic.Zip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging='true' />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It also occurs on start up.

Thanks for any help!

Hey there. This is a great tool that ive been experimenting with , but I keep getting errors that prevent downloads. Can you help?

I tried to download the Mechajeb via the URL function , but got the following error

It also occurs on start up.

Thanks for any help!

Could you provide me with the URL? Is the file a .zip? And is the Ionic.zip.dll in the same folder as the Kerbal Mod Manager.exe?

What URL are you using to download? Try this one.

EDIT: Preempted...

That link should open KSPMM. If it\'s already open and nothing happens, close it and try again; it should work then.

Its not actually just Mechajeb , im getting error messages on start , upon downloading ANY mod , in fact with every action in the manager. It wont actually download anything. Ive reinstalled and im having the same issue

It appears to be several different messages.

That is quite strange. Does it work if you try and start it normal way?

If my associate, Semininja, can\'t help you solve the problem. I\'ll be available on the Official KSP channel in about half an hour for a private chat to see if we can solve this problem.

That is quite strange. Does it work if you try and start it normal way?

If my associate, Semininja, can\'t help you solve the problem. I\'ll be available on the Official KSP channel in about half an hour for a private chat to see if we can solve this problem.

Thank you! Ill try to work out the IRC client and chat. As I say , its a strange one

Wow, when I first tried it the only feature was the drag and drop, and I didn\'t really feel like it was worth it, but these new versions are great. I hope more mod makers use that protocol so that I just have to click download and be done with it. Very lazy-friendly.

I\'m loving this MM and can see great potential for it. Keep up the good work and hopefully kspmm:// becomes a standard for the mod makers :)

One feature I would like to see at some point if this gets popular is a separate tab for downloads and mods you have in your mods folder/installed.

-snip-

One feature I would like to see at some point if this gets popular is a separate tab for downloads and mods you have in your mods folder/installed.

Yeah, a 'masterlist' is coming. Working with Jgjiscool to set up a web-host. So we can host a database.

The one mod you see downloadable right now was more or less just a test. And a mod we\'d put on our front page.

Thanks for the great feedback too.

Right! It looks like there may be a possibility of success! Something I did in Web-hosting actually worked! XD

Yep, works great. Just finished the Redirect page. With a history that saves the links used. And a time-stamp.

Here\'s the link if anyone\'s interested in linking their mods to kspmm:// on the forums. Or by any other means.

http://kspmm.norway174.com/Redirect/?m=

Simply add the directlink, with kspmm instead of http after the 'm='. And your good to go.

Sorry guys , me again. Ive come back to the game after a few days away , and found all the old problems came back after I started up my computer again. Ninja , can you remind me what we did to Fix this and suggest a way to stop it all undoing itself?

@EnhancedCookie, Yes, I am Norwegian. :P

@Sirscott, are you having the same problem as last time? From what I understand, there was something wrong with the ionic.zip.dll.

You could try this one then, Ionic.Zip.dll. If it still doesn\'t work, then we have to find another solution.

Where exactly do I put it?

I was about to link the video but you\'re way ahead of me! uploaded it on my way out for the day. the tool is great and pretty useful for trying out those one-shot style mods where you don\'t plan on keeping them for regular use, too.

8)

I was about to link the video but you\'re way ahead of me! uploaded it on my way out for the day. the tool is great and pretty useful for trying out those one-shot style mods where you don\'t plan on keeping them for regular use, too.

Hehe, thank you. It\'s very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to everyone. We're not dead. Just been busy working in a website (Secret for now. Hehe.), and been a bit busy making the Dev-Kit. Which can be found here, <a href="http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/16612-Win-Kerbal-Space-Program-Mod-Manager-Dev-Kit-KSPMM-Dev-Kit-1-0-0-0">KPSMM Dev-Kit</a>. And getting this updated to 1.4.4.0.

Hopefully, some time soon. I'll manage to add the very popular demand, overwriting of files detection system. To let you choose which files you want to install. And/or overwrite.

Thank you all,

Happy launching!

Edit:

And a huge thank you to everyone for 410 downloads! It's amazing!

Edited by Norway174

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.