[Win][With Auto-Updater!] Kerbal Space Program: Mod Manager

Just downloaded your program and loaded it, this is the error I get:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_win\SmartUpdater.exe' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileAsync(Uri address, String fileName, Object userToken)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite)

at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1.DownloadAndRunSmartUpdater(Object UrlToDownloadFrom)

at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1.UpdateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Kerbal Space Program Mod Manager

Assembly Version: 1.4.4.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.4.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSP_win/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Mod%20Manager.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Data

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.Data.DataSetExtensions

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll

System.Numerics

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

Ionic.Zip

Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8

Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSP_win/Ionic.Zip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have NO IDEA what this means as it looks like Greek to me, hope you do.

Ahh, you have it in your program files. It doesn't have read/write access there.

What happens is that it tries to delete the SmartUpdater.exe on startup. Cleaning up it's own mess. Normally, nothing would happen if the SmartUpdater isn't present. But it doesn't have access to deleting files in that directory.

Either try and startup KSPMM as an administrator or move KSP out of Program files. I suggest My documents, that's where I keep mine at least. :P

If it still doesn't work. I'll try and make a work-around in the next version and release that ASAP.

Also, to anyone who's updating;

If it gives you a message box saying it delete a Registry key. Don't worry. This will just happen one time.

And what it does is that it cleans up a feature I removed. And the results of that, there are several keys this program is utilizing in the Registry. I figured it would be better to just remove those keys than to just leave them there. And I forgot to remove the message box for debugging purposes.

Thank you!

Edited by Norway174

HI got the latest update and everytime I enable or disable a mod I get a little pop up window thats blank with a OK button and if I click OK it will repop about 5-10 times, at the same time its displaying in the details panel (scanning parts)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33221[/ATTACH]

HI got the latest update and everytime I enable or disable a mod I get a little pop up window thats blank with a OK button and if I click OK it will repop about 5-10 times, at the same time its displaying in the details panel (scanning parts)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33221[/ATTACH]

Thanks. I didn't notice that one. Also the one on your picture, where the List didn't fill up the entire space. I'll get working on both of those asap.

And I probably should stop using Message boxes for debugging. xD Hehe.

I'm trying to redownload 1.4.4.0 (so i can update), but the installer keeps saying that it isn't a valid win-32 application. (i have a windows 64 bit though) help?

Hmm... Strange. Did the earlier versions work with the installer? If not, you can download the direct .exe needed here, http://kspmm.norway174.com/KSPMMVersion/Newest/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Mod%20Manager.exe. (That link should always point to the newest one. It's the same one the Auto-Updater uses.)

By not using the installer, KSPMM won't register the file type, .kspmm, and the protocol, kspmm://. (However, .kspmm file type will still work if you add it manually.) And you would need to find the Ionic.zip.dll and add it to the same directory as the program. (I believe KSP should have it, "\KSP\KSP_Data\Managed\Ionic.zip.dll")

EDIT: Dang, I must be some kind of a genius. Or maybe really forgetful.

I tracked down the Message box "bug". Turns out, it was a function I created a while ago to detect if the part is already installed. But it's empty because it doesn't work properly yet. I'll just comment it out in the next version.

It's going to need allot of rewrite to make more functional. But the principle works. :D

Stay tuned for 1.4.5.1!!! (Thanks for reporting this bug.)

EDIT 2: 1.4.5.1 released! Auto-Updater only.

Edited by Norway174

Ok can't use the auto updater always get this.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at SmartUpdater.Form1.client_DownloadCompleted(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.544 (RTMLDR.030319-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

SmartUpdater

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/SmartUpdater.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.544 built by: RTMLDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.560 built by: RTMLDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.568 built by: RTMLDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Well, I managed to reproduce the Auto-Updater error.

And I've tried the installer. The download is corrupt.

Which might even be the same problem you had, Michionlion.

Re-downloading it after reloaded the download page fixed it for me.

Now to work on that Auto-Updater thing.

Edit: Well, my initial thoughts about the installer was off...

It wasn't the download, even thought it failed for me the first time.

Looks like I have to update the delivery system. Or create a new installer.

But downloading the direct .exe here could be be another temporarily option for now. Or using one of the older installers. Auto-Updater will always update to the newest regardless.

Edited by Norway174

Bug: If you edit the part.cfg file for a mod, KSPMM doesn't delete the part.cfg when you disable the mod. It deletes everything else though, making the part unrecognizable to KSP. If you then replace the mod, (such as when you are updating to a newer version of a mod) KSPMM throws an error instead of replacing the incomplete part folder.

Bug: If you edit the part.cfg file for a mod, KSPMM doesn't delete the part.cfg when you disable the mod. It deletes everything else though, making the part unrecognizable to KSP. If you then replace the mod, (such as when you are updating to a newer version of a mod) KSPMM throws an error instead of replacing the incomplete part folder.

It should be deleted as long as it's location doesn't change. If you look in the Install file it generates. It's just a path to the file. It checks if there is a file/folder at that location. And then if there is, it deletes it. If not, skip it.

But I will look into it. And see what I can get done. Thanks for the bug.

hey, it seems kspmm is not copying ressources cfg's. this should be implementet by time, bet its not that complicated :) by the way, nice mod, got my ksp way more stable and faster at loading.

I do think it should copy the entire resource folder. I haven't seen a mod using any .cfg's outside of the mod resource folder. But if there is one, could you point me in the direction of which mod? Of is the .cfg you mentioned inside a folder in the resource folder?

Thanks.

I do think it should copy the entire resource folder. I haven't seen a mod using any .cfg's outside of the mod resource folder. But if there is one, could you point me in the direction of which mod? Of is the .cfg you mentioned inside a folder in the resource folder?

Thanks.

the bug occured at eps, which has its ressources-cfg into the ressources-folder. also nothing hapend with kreuzung's mod, that has a correct file structure, too. another mod was copied well, so im confused

the bug occured at eps, which has its ressources-cfg into the ressources-folder. also nothing hapend with kreuzung's mod, that has a correct file structure, too. another mod was copied well, so im confused

Alright. Just verified this. (Tested myself.) :P It doesn't work. Thank you for discovering this!

I'll fix it in the next version.

Thanks a lot for this great tool Norway174!

However, I can't manage to get it working. I'm running Windows XP 32 bits (I'll change my PC and OS soon, but for now, that's it). I just freshly installed KSP 0.17 to start over with KMM, no mods, no saves, no anything. I downloaded the .msi and installed KMM. I did File > Update, and it kind of updated something, but I'm stuck in 1.4.5.0 even if 1.4.5.1. was released. KMM detects it and updates again, but at next launch it is still in 1.4.5.0 with an update available. At launch, the welcome screen says it's 1.4.2.0. I tried directly downloading the .exe, but same result.

Well, so I'm stuck with 1.4.5.0 but that is not the main problem. I first got an Exception error directly when running KMM, and this error disappeared after I added Ionic.Zip.DLL in KSP root directory (don't know why I did not have it, while a friend of mine had it). Now the exception error does not show up anymore, but the list of available mods is empty and hitting "Reload mods" does nothing. I still get an Exception error if I hit "Enable" or "Disable" actually, but I guess this is because there is not any mod selected. I first have to figure out why the list of mods does not appear in KMM.

Before I download this I was wondering if it detects already installed mods?

Not automatically, no. But if you have the Install.txt file and the mod .zip file in the corresponding folders. It will detect it as installed. It won't detect the install .txt without the mod file.

Thanks a lot for this great tool Norway174!

-snip-

Ouch... The best solution I can give you is to just try just keep the 1.4.5.0.

I am planning on redesigning the whole updating system. And possibly even the installation system. (Maybe incorporate the the .dll file into the .exe somehow. I know it's possible, just not sure how yet.)

Thanks for the feedback.

(By the way, I haven't updated the Welcome-Screen page in ages. So it still says 1.4.2.0. I plan on making it automatically detect from the same file KSPMM uses to check for updates. Because I just can't be bothered updating that page with every release.)

I have some good and some bad news.

The good news is that I finally completed the Auto-Updater in-buildt in this application. So no longer will it download the SmartUpdater from DropBox. Which I think blocked the traffic, due to large numbers of requests. Seeing as there is almost 2 000 people using it now. (Which is freakin' awesome!!! Thanks to everyone who's downloading it.)

This brings me to the bad news, our host is currently down.

But Jigjscool is finally alive again on Skype with us. So hopefully, we'll be getting a much better host thanks to him soon.

This new update will be available with installer only. Well, you could try and download it with the Smart-Updater, if you can get access to it. It won't harm anything. But then it's your fault. :P Seeing as next version, 1.4.6.0, will have a new Updater, I coded from scratch, and will be much more reliable.

Also, this adds a ton of other big fixes too. And some new features. Check the change-log once it's out.

Thanks!

EDIT:

We've currently moving our web-page to a new host. One with 99.9% uptime. So hopefully it will much better.

I will release the new version on that host as soon as our domain have resolved to the new host.

And then by the looks of it, we will have to re-create most of our projects. Seeing as our "old" host is still down.

And might be for a while.

Thanks to everyone for their support. And I hope you won't discontinue to use KSPMM after this unfortunately little event. And all those bugs currently in. I can safely say all those reported here should be fixed in the next version. They are already fixed. Just need to release it.

However, it would require a new download with the installer. Since the old version still uses the Smart-Updater. Which are downloaded from DB all the time someone updates. (I didn't know DB would limit it on high traffic.)

If the Smart-Updater can be downloaded and ran, I suggest you just do that. If not, just download the new installer when it's released.

EDIT2:

God dammit! Turns out this host won't allow us to host our files directly. So no downloads from it. It even restricted the use of .txt's. We will have to move, again. I'll try and make a "offline" version, without the info that needs to be connected to the server to work. If anyone got any tips for a free host we could use, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Edited by Norway174

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.