[Win][With Auto-Updater!] Kerbal Space Program: Mod Manager

It seems there's an odd bug that slipped in, which causes that error if there are no mods in the \--Mods--\ folder. If you put a mod pack in there, it should work (be aware, though: KSPMM doesn't like .rar files, unfortunately).

Hmm... Very weird. Is your .NET Framework up-to-date? The Installer should make sure it is. But in-case it doesn't. You can get it here: Microsoft .Net Framework 4

Other than that, I'm looking into it now.

Edit: Weird. I downloaded the same, uninstalled it. And tried to reinstall with the new one I just downloaded from my own site. Nothing.

What OS are you guys on?

Edited by Norway174

Weird. I downloaded the same, uninstalled it. And tried to reinstall with the new one I just downloaded from my own site. Nothing.

What OS are you guys on?

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I've tried downloading in chrome, firefox, opera, and IE -- the download starts off properly, reports a file size of 1.1 or 1.2 megabytes, then ends prematurely. It was ending at 33.7KB consistently, now the downloads are stopping around 300KB.

Running into the same unhandled exception error as others. Weird thing is the first time I installed it, it worked fine and spotted the existing MODS folder with everything in it. I didn't enable anything at the time and just exited thinking I'd mess with it today. Now it does not see the existing file and always prompts me to create a new one, followed by the error. First time user, totally stock KSP 0.16 installed on Widows 7 64bit.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewSelectedRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1.EnableDisableMod()
at Kerbal_Space_Program_Mod_Manager.Form1._Lambda$__34(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Kerbal Space Program Mod Manager
Assembly Version: 1.4.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.4.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/KSP/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Mod%20Manager.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Numerics
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Ionic.Zip
Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8
Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/KSP/Ionic.Zip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Arkasai

Sorry for my absence. Jorbrasken, does the error message look like anything like Arkasai's Message?

If so, I think the error message is produced if there is no mods in the --MODS-- folder. If it is empty. If so, try and put a new mods in it. (At least one.) And try again. If the same problem occurs, let me know.

Actually... I have been looking into Mac. But I don't have a Mac myself. So there's not much else I can do. Than to say, go buy a windows PC. xD

But in all seriousness... I will let you know if I ever find something I can get this working for Mac's.

I'm also receiving the exception others are reporting,

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

when there are no .zip files present in the --MODS-- folder.

<hr>

I realize you're well aware of that particular bug' date=' but I reported it anyway because a user's first impression of a program should never be that of an error! Unless your program is [i']designed to create errors. <a href="http://instantrimshot.com/">Like Windows</a>, amirite?

I have to agree with some other commenters that including support for different archival formats would be a very good idea, because aside from .zip, .rar and .7z formats are quite popular. Converting them to .zip format presents a hurdle for less savvy users.

Hello. Just going to pop in and say that the fuel transfer module SHOULD be working with kspmm now.

I say should because, as a mac user, I can't test that it actually does work. (Honestly, I don't expect it to ever get ported, as that would involve rewriting all of the existing code for KSPMM - VB doesn't port)

I believe the uri scheme is kspmm://rachelbrindle.com/ksp/FuelTransferModule.zip

Yeah, Younata. That link should work. But for me, now. For some reason. It didn't work.

I could have sworn I fixed that bug with opening links directly. It must be connected with the that No mods in mods folder bug.

I will release a new version as soon as possible.

And as for different formats, if you use my Dev-Kit tool, it can automatically just pack it as a .zip for you.

And back to the Fuel transfer module, it does work. However, I messed up last release. Leaving out the support for info.txt in sub-folders.

And I realized another thing, the adding file from URL inside the application doesn't work with kspmm:// either. I will add support for that one too.

Thank you.

Not sure what happened but whenever I open the program the window doesn't show up. I close it then open it again and still nothing! It's like the window position is off screen or something. Any clues?

EDIT 1 - Fixed it by uninstalling and renaming my --MODS-- folder. A simple reinstall didn't fix, but renaming the folder and doing a complete uninstall then install did.

EDIT 2 - Nevermind. After closing and reopening the window is gone again.

EDIT 3 - Seems like clearing the mod folder, it opens fine. But once a mod is placed in the folder it doesn't appear when opening.

Edited by zuff

@Zuff:

Hmm... Quite strange. I think the only reason why it opens when the mods folder is empty is because of that bug. When it encounters an error like that, it stops whatever else it's doing. In this case loading the settings.

There are two possible fixes I could see for this right now.

First one would be to use the bug to your advantage, load it up with the MODS folder empty. You can see it, right? Then just move it around a bit, making the settings update to it's current position.

Or the other option would be, to open your Regedit, and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Norway174 -> KSPMM, and set the "Full" key to "true", with will make the application start with fullscreen mode. Then open it, and show the "Size settings" window from the "View" menu, and simply hit the Reset button.

If neither of those works, please let me know.

Edit:

Could also an mod/admin remove the last part of my topic tittle? This part: "[1.4.2.0]".

Figured it would be better to remove it since I can't update it. :P And that version is quite some time ago.

Thank you.

Edited by Norway174

Changing the registry to fullscreen true did show the window again on next startup, but after a restart it disappeared again.

I then went into the registry and deleted all traces of KSPMM and reinstalled the program.

It works perfect now. Not sure what messed it up but something got funky between installations in the registry.

The program will ask if it can create it for you the first time you run it. It will also then create the Installed for you, inside the --MODS-- folder.

And in other good news, I have fixed the start-up detect bug when there is no mods.

Also working on a few minor things, then I will release it. This is just a small update, so the Auto-Updater only.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.