Mission to Minimus video set

Well, I like to fly, but doing videos, still something I am working on. Done some challenging projects, and not everybody like to use modded versions. Mechjeb, smart A.S.S etc. So I did a bit of an overkill flight to minimus with some slingshots, wrong turns and smooth landings. Other fun little mistakes made, but that is what ksp is all about. So if you are having troubles on your landings, placing yourself where you want etc, and want to do it manually, well enjoy the shows. I broke it up into four parts just to make section selection easier.

Hey. I liked the videos, nice work.

One small thing: At the beginning, you said that the rocket might be slightly overkill. I think that you mis-spoke slightly and what you meant to say was that your rocket was ridiculously overpowered for this :P

On a more useful note, you might want to turn down the volume, gets hard to hear you with a engines firing. That\'s something I\'ve noticed with the first few videos of most people :P

Thanks for the comment, the audio is wierd, I think it actually was my mike volume was turned down too much on it\'s imput. The actual game volume is down very low in settings, just checked and it was that too. I heard it after I did playback, but to fix would mean a complete re-recording, I will add comments though.

The main reason I work with the bigger rockets is that it can take some of the hassle away if getting picky. Alot of it is I need to refine my designs more, make better use of the fuel tanks with jettisonable feeder tank sets. That is the setup I am experimenting with now, making more tanks, less engines.

The game is ridiculously loud when we do our recordings- you want to have it down to 1% in game sound in order for your voice to be clear over the rockets. Of course, as your rocket progresses to using smaller engines you could always put it back up.

With regards to quality, you have The Voice. 'The Voice' is something I am, sadly, lacking. It\'s clear that YouTube is a personality driven site, and your voice is quite enjoyable to listen to.

The MUST: You need to change your aspect ration to 6:9. If you don\'t know what that means, it\'s essentially the resolution you record at. Changing it to 6:9 (1280x720 pixels is 720p, which I record at) will remove those black bars at the sides of your video. Also, you should change the in-game resolution in the options menu to the same as your recording resolution, it makes a hell-of-a-lot of difference, trust me. What screen recorder are you currently using? I use Fraps, which is really great for high-quality recording. It does cost, but you could always use... other means to acquire it.

Hopefully I\'ve helped you in some way, the reason I\'ve taken the time to write all that is \'cause I wish I knew all that when I started youtube... all those years ago... *cough*

Anyway, good luck with the channel. If you want to check out my videos to see what the result of all ^this is, here\'s a link.

Thanks for the advice. First off the aspect, not much I can do about that actually. That is because I actually run UXGA CRT monitors. 1600x1200 resolution per monitor. Since KSP runs fullscreen on one, the game only plays that resolution, and that is what fraps records it at. When I put it all into the one movie, standard .wmv that vegas puts at for 720 is when the bars show up. You can see how much so if you check out that last eve online vid I did where it has the black bars underneath. I will see what I can do, might be able to get windowed mode set up so it more closely matches.

As for my voice, it is actually the part I have the most trouble with. I also need to get a new microphone as well, clear up some of the crackling. A wire broke in my headset, so am stuck with backup. I will play around with the audio balance some more see if I can get that cleaned up, I hope to do another project to really help with precision controls. So accurate landings and orbits. Nice channel you have as well. Clear and articulate talk, excellent intros. I would love to spend the time and do up an intro myself, but between ksp, eve online and other rl hobbies, don\'t have the time to do up one.

I really need to fix the landing vid, for some reason it is cut off, not sure what happened there.

Actually, you can change game resolution no matter the monitor size. My laptop has a 1366x768 resolution and I\'ve set the game to run at 1280x720.

If you really don\'t want to change your full screen resolution like that, then I\'d suggest running the game windowed at 1280x720. To edit my videos I use the (bad, but free) windows live movie maker, which one can easily set to render at 6:9. I\'d imagine most editors, including Vegas, can do the same. YouTube tutorials have never let me down, all you need is perseverance...

As for microphones, I use a logitech USB desktop mic. Logitech is one of my favourite brands, they\'re pretty cheap on Ebay and perform well enough. I\'d recommend their stuff, as they do both higher and lower end equipment.

Thanks! I really enjoy making intros; I used to do them for people specifically on my old channel. Would you like me to make you one? Just message me through YouTube or PM me here on the forums, we shouldn\'t really stray the thread off topic with stuff like that.