Is this map still accurate?

Koschei

800px-NJ6qJ.png

Is this map of Kerbin still accurate after the changes made in 14.2? I want to print a copy and put it on one of those pinboards and mark the locations of monoliths and other Easter Eggs. Also, is there a similar map of the Mun and Minmus?

I think that is pre-terrian engine change and contains a fair bit of inaccuracy. You might want to look for the Kerbin Geological Society thread as they are likely to have the most accurate map. Someone there may have a nice clean map of the current terrain.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Right, KSC is more south than on that map now.

Not just now, but even then. It\'s always been just east of those mountains. If you look carefully, you can see how the coast is shaped to fit a large square KSC Terrain object on it.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Bit confused with my geographic terms today... I want a typical, colour map of Kerbin like the map above, but accurate.

Pretty sure the Kerbin Geographic Society\'s topographical maps are accurate, though they lack the correct colouring. There is a 'natural' colour scheme for their maps which pretty closely simulates the real colours, IIRC. Though I don\'t see why the colouring matters much since you just want to locate and mark out points on the globe.

All the raw map information is provided by the KGSS, so there is no reason why you cannot generate new maps with natural colours of your choosing :D. There is a link to the societies main thread in my signature. Good luck with the flag planting.

I would like to very much, but QuickGrid is too much for me. I don\'t even know how to open the file.

You don\'t need to use QuikGrid. Just use the mapper program that comes with the mapping mod.

Just be careful - the kgss csv file is a true comma seperated file. The mod maker calls his files csv files but they are not really csv files. I dont want to get geeky on you but trying to save some heartache if it fails.

These are pixel-perfect maps that should be 100% accurate right now.

Flat ocean map:

Jcw3M.png

Greyscale height map:

UgAwi.png

Merged map:

Ow746.png

And finally, r4m0n\'s HorribleUglyFetusMapâ„¢ (flipped)

0VxGR.png

It is mandatory that I supply you with a link to eyebleach.com after posting this.

Thank r4m0n (and his awesome coding skills) for these both, I\'m here only to link you to them (I just flipped them and did a bit of tidy-up on some).

Please not that both of these are actually flipped the wrong way, so it\'s like looking at Kerbin from inside the planet. I\'ll might upload some fixed ones later.

EDIT: Fixed and flipped all the maps, added a few more.

Don\'t forget to flip one of them vertically first, otherwise they won\'t match up.

They needed to be flipped horizontally.

This are pixel-perfect maps that should be 100% accurate right now.

Ocean map (the ocean is transparent while the land is white, so it may be hard to see):

map0.png

I think you got that the wrong way around. Looks to me like the ocean is white and the land is transparent.

Took me ages to find Kerfrica (we still calling it that?) where the KSC is... and then I found it in the transparent part, but mirrored.

Thank you, now I can overlay the second map onto the first one and get a usable map. It still isn\'t what I\'m looking for, but it\'s good for now.

Don\'t forget to flip one of them vertically first, otherwise they won\'t match up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.