My first time on the mun!!!!!!

bomb765

:D congrats! The first time on the mun is the best. Get where you can orbit the mun consistently and shoot for minimums next. Actually landing on minimus with gear is easier Imo cause less gravity. I crash quite a bit on the mun still with too fast a landing speed. Minimus not a problem. But awesome keep us posted on more accomplishments 8)

Well, to go for Minmus... Hmm... Erm.. It took me forever to get to the moon and I dont know about Minmus yet.

basically,

go heading 45 insted of 90 and uh, slingshot when you think the time is right. the patched conics will help you.

Gratz on your first landing! I for one am still putting the finishing touches on my lander (important stuff like RCS, you know, that thing that\'s commonly used to cancel out horizontal movement and spin around in space).

My first landing, no RCS.

I just started trying to learn how to set up a communications network. I think i may be missing something like a plugin to actually show them talking and the network.looks fun though

Search the plugin-powered addons for Satellite relay network. It even simulates signal delay :D

RCS isn\'t needed that much for landing, since (these are stock) a normal fuel tank, weakest engine, ASAS, and some maybe some landing legs can do the entire Mun landing on their won from just after deorbiting to landing. On minmus, you can easily do the deorbit burn too and have fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.