MAA-Condor Supermaneuverable Fighter

Amavios

Bonjour !

I'm very proud (no that much in reality) to present you my first maneuverable fighter. This supermaneuverability relies on the aerodynamics, the thrust vectoring and two advanced SAS hidden in the rear fuselage. It can barely go supersonic but this is so cool to fly, I don't know I didn't succeed yet to make one haha.

So here it is ! If you have any tips, request or anything else to say I'll be happy to reply !

Have a nice day !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knejloxzpu6uaqm/MAA-Condor.craft%20-%20copie?dl=0

PS: Try to yaw with it :P

in2JtQi.png

Fx6Mb30.png

Edited by Amavios

43 minutes ago, AquaAlmond Productions said:

I'll try it and tell you what I think

*edit* Download did not work for some reason it isn't a craft file..

Hi ! I think you have to erase the " -copie" at the end, otherwise it won't recognize the .craft. Thanks for that because I didn't know my crafts files were screwed up !

Ok so after trying the craft for a bit I am going to give pros and cons.

Pros

-Yaw is great

-Early liftoff

-Good aesthetics

-Ground clearance

-Structural integrity holds up when pulling sharp turns at high speeds

-Decent amount of fuel

-Capable of moderate altitude flight (10,000-15,000)

Cons

-Although maneuverable, if I try to pull a sharp turn it will continue to move in the previous direction (Make it lighter, too much inertia)

-Top speed of around 400ms which is relatively slow compared to other planes the same size

-You seem to have somewhat induced super maneuverability, but like I said earlier it feels like I'm flying a rock and inertia will continue to move the plane in the previous direction it was going

-Small wingspan which may have something to do with the 'rock' like feel because it can't bite the air

Don't let this list discourage you, but think of it as something you can use to improve on. I made a couple super maneuverable stunt planes called the um and the um-2 you can check them out on my YouTube channel if you want, I don't know if they are any better but maybe they can be some point of reference. The channel link is in my signature below

5 minutes ago, AquaAlmond Productions said:

Ok so after trying the craft for a bit I am going to give pros and cons.

Pros

-Yaw is great

-Early liftoff

-Good aesthetics

-Ground clearance

-Structural integrity holds up when pulling sharp turns at high speeds

-Decent amount of fuel

-Capable of moderate altitude flight (10,000-15,000)

Cons

-Although maneuverable, if I try to pull a sharp turn it will continue to move in the previous direction (Make it lighter, too much inertia)

-Top speed of around 400ms which is relatively slow compared to other planes the same size

-You seem to have somewhat induced super maneuverability, but like I said earlier it feels like I'm flying a rock and inertia will continue to move the plane in the previous direction it was going

-Small wingspan which may have something to do with the 'rock' like feel because it can't bite the air

Don't let this list discourage you, but think of it as something you can use to improve on. I made a couple super maneuverable stunt planes called the um and the um-2 you can check them out on my YouTube channel if you want, I don't know if they are any better but maybe they can be some point of reference. The channel link is in my signature below

Thanks for the feedback, about the weight, it's just a question of balancing the fuel amount, too little and it won't fly very far, too much and it's too heavy, I'm not building planes to be supermaneuverable, or high flyer, I'm building them to make functional and somehow good looking planes, so it's obvious that they won't be the best in each categories. I gonna try to double the wingspan to see if it will fly better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.