KTS Missions (ERT-44 Prequel)

ThiccRocketScientist

KTS-A: First test

New KTS (Kerbal Transportation System) I am working on. This is the story for it, and I would also like to launch crafts people make and/or ideas people have in the process.

KTS-A: Mission Log 1

(T-00:03:40)

CapCom: "KTS-A is go. Launcher is go, KS-25 Vectors are go. Go for launch in three minutes thirty seconds."

Jedmore: Roger that, Cap Com.

(T-00:01:04)

CapCom: "Getting ready to launch. Payload- none. Test flight, fuel is minimal, counterweights go. Go for launch in fifty seconds.

Jedmore: Roger that Staca.

(T-00:00:19)

Jedmore: Systems are nominal. Getting ready to launch.

Flight Controller: T-10, 9... 8... go for main engine start...

{Main Engine Start}

"2... 1... Liftoff! KTS-A is heading nominal, Vector engines are thrusting! Minmus is heading downrange at a rate of 50 meters a second as of... now!

CapCom: Shoreline cleared.

Jedmore: Roger that. We are heading upwards into the oblivion. Roger roll...

Edited by John The Physicist

KTS-A Pilot's log (Jedmore)

Launch was rough. The entire shuttle felt like it was shaking itself apart; maybe it was. At least this wasn't an actual space test. It was high altitude; the tank would split off and fall back to Kerbin.

[KTS-A Launch Photograph 1]

http://imgur.com/8bbDNjS

I want to say this: It isn't safe. That is kind of given. The launch was scrubbed because the RCS thrusters were not aligned right... good going. So now a few months later, we are actually doing this launch. By myself, because it is better for me to die than three others.

[Voice translator]

Shuttle is still go. Right now at... fifteen thousand meters. Air is thin, but we are still in fear of flipping the entire shuttle. This also marks half of the main boosters fuel deprived.

(T+00:01:32)

Fuel is go, oxygen is go. Cabin pressure holding at 1 atm(s), and KTS-A is getting ready to seperate. Burning through the rest of our aux fuel...

(T+00:01:45)

Thirty thousand meters and counting- booster seperation! We are clean...

Whew. Well, that was actually much better than expected. Now I am soaring into the abyss was known as "Oblivion," or "The Kraken's Lair" before we got there.

http://imgur.com/ZW2cvJs

I wanted to call her "Whiskers" but everyone said no.

(T+00:03:43)

And we are now gaining speed on descent. They haven't told me what enviroment I will land in yet, I just trained for solid ground, runway, and water. All I see is water through the periscope, so that will most likely be the candidate for this launch. It was always the hardest.

(T+00:04:51)

[Voice translator]

Going good... we are... ugh... the g force is getting... 7 g's and counting. 7.2... 7.5...

http://imgur.com/j8uQa81

And we are letting up! Speed is becoming nominal. Touchdown is next procedure.

(T+00:06:30)

We are steering. I have been authorized to use hypergolic engines and small jet guidence engines to steer towards island.

(T+00:10:00)

Approaching island.

(T+00:12:20)

Touchdown

I survived! I actually survived! Wow. I am a pretty lucky person!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.