Can't exit buildings

Hello,

I am running a lot of mods, and the 64-bit hack, I've had zero problems until now.

A little back ground first: I noticed that, at seeming random, parts would disappear. i.e. the magnetic nozzle vanished from my list of parts available (career mode) even though it was researched and purchased. It would appear in sandbox mode.

I never used it so I thought oh well, I am sure this happened to a few other parts I never noticed.

Last night the orbital super-collider from another mod vanished from the available parts in the VAB, rendering the space station core **invalid**. Again parts bought, researched and in this case used.

So I thought I would drop all my mods and reinstall, this went fine CKAN yay and resinstalled the exact same set of mods.
I stupidly did a Steam Validate and it wiped out me 64-bit mod so I redid that.

I can load up my save file and my game loads just fine. I can enter any building but I can not exit! I can't even exit the game. I can do whatever I want in said building, like if I was stuck in the research building I can look around, buy/research stuff or the contracts building I can browse and accept/deny contracts...I just can't leave. I can not leave the game either, I can get the system menu to appear but none of the buttons work.

I started a new game and I poked around for about 2 minutes and it seemed fine.

I checked my persistent file and my buildings were still set to 1 so I don't think that's it.

Any ideas on how to fix this without starting over again?

Meanwhile I am going to poke around and see what I can find.

Thanks,

Edited by kurdain

I uninstalled kopernicus, which dumped the Ascelpious and Saru installs and it seems to be working, I had both these running previously so I am not sure why it's affecting it now.

Suggestions? I really liked the extra moons and planets as I was getting a bit bored with some of the others.

thanks,

I messed with it until late last night.

All my missions are gone, the Kerbals that were assigned to those missions are lost, which I fixed editing the save file.
I reinstalled Kopernicus after this and it installed fine and the buildings react fine.

I still do not have access to all the parts with the KSPI mod, some parts are available some are not, not sure why. I will look to that thread for answers.

All my research remains, research history shows my missions and what-not to all the planets and moons.
Contracts and mission control has no history.

KAC and game clock shows I am back at year 1 day 1.

Hopefully someone will find this info useful or has insight. At this point with my Kerbals and Science intact I can rebuild, I just need to figure out the disappearing parts thing.

I had similar issues some time ago in that if I had too many planet packs installed, my VAB buttons (including exit) would cease to function. If I removed some packs, things would return to normal, but of course my save was invariably ruined. I assume it's a memory issue (for me at least) in that the planet packs are memory hogs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.