[Project] Dogon's Space Program

Hello! Welcome!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Rather than posting pictures flight by flight, every time we accomplish either five flights or go through a page on here, I will post the images of the flights that took place.

I had an idea last night, and today, I decided to follow through with it.

I will be making a space program. It\'ll work like this:

People give me a task, say, putting a satellite into LKO (150,000 meters). I\'ll build a satellite designed to do whatever the idea proposes, and launch it. All debris and craft will be left as is, and no persistance modification will be done. If you want a specific craft in the program, PM me the file.

In more detail:

I will take suggestions from the community on what to put into space, and what it should be tasked with. Then, I will build craft to complete these missions, and will upload the persistance file on here. I will only be using some specific mods, which I will list. My goal is to attempt to be as realistic as possible, and each flight, depending on how many stages there are, will be given a random chance of failure via random.org.

Rules:

No suggesting new mods. I picked these mods for a reason.

No spam of the same suggestion.

No complaining.

That\'s all the rules, really.

Mods:

Industrial Flames and Explosions

NovaPunch

Probodobodyne

Kosmos

BACE

Carts

Noyuz

Current Objectives (in order):

#1: Low-Minmus orbit science satellite (COMPLETE)

#2: JOST Low Kerbol Orbit satellite (COMPLETE)

#3: Extra-Solar Probe (COMPLETE)

#4: SeaLaunch platform (CURRENT)

#5: Minmus Base

#6: Multi-landing transit vehicle (that drops rovers)

#7: Launching a replacement minmus satellite after SSAM-1 accidentally left minmus orbit.

Pictures are coming soon.

James Orbit Is Having a small technical problem with all its craft, but need to launch a small satellite round thee sun, preferably very close to it. It is called J.O.S.T Sun Sat (JSS). You can design it however you want, but it needs 4 solar panels, lots of antenna and a very small crew area for servicing. I suggest from the 0.5 meter bit from the BACE pack. The James Orbit Space Team would like some pictures of the Satellite. If you cant do any of this than I don\'t mind. Thanks

James Orbit Is Having a small technical problem with all its craft, but need to launch a small satellite round thee sun, preferably very close to it. It is called J.O.S.T Sun Sat (JSS). You can design it however you want, but it needs 4 solar panels, lots of antenna and a very small crew area for servicing. I suggest from the 0.5 meter bit from the BACE pack. The James Orbit Space Team would like some pictures of the Satellite. If you cant do any of this than I don\'t mind. Thanks

Wait, you mean live crew onboard? Or do you mean a small habitable area in case another crew docks with the satellite to fix some issue?

Wait, you mean live crew onboard? Or do you mean a small habitable area in case another crew docks with the satellite to fix some issue?

Just a small area for fixes, normally only 1 kerbal for a very short time. not for living in.

here jeb was... thinking... he was wanting to put somthing on minimus... A hotel.

Your job is to build a rocket or a plane that can get to minimus and put a hotel looking object on it. got that?

One minmus base. Got it.

I want this poster to commit (him/her)self.

Before this week is out put a man on Minmus then the Mun and return him safely to the planet.

Or in other words, build a ship that can land on Minmus, take off, land on the Mun, then splash down in the ocean just off the coast of KSC. 8)

I want this poster to commit (him/her)self.

Before this week is out put a man on Minmus then the Mun and return him safely to the planet.

Or in other words, build a ship that can land on Minmus, take off, land on the Mun, then splash down in the ocean just off the coast of KSC. 8)

One multi-landing transit vehicle... okay. Manned?

A Keosynchronous communication satellite with antennas pointed towards Kerbin and enough solar panels to power it would be good.

It should ideally be right above the continent where KSC is. You can do this easily by only gravity-turning 20 degrees during the launch burn and getting Ap out to 2868, then circularizing once you get there.

Excuse me, but why does my minimus base request not get done? someone asks for another thing and you do it before mine, even though i asked for why? ???

He\'s not here purely to serve you; he\'s doing this out of interest for the game and the community overall. Though, a Minmus base would be neat!

He\'s not here purely to serve you; he\'s doing this out of interest for the game and the community overall. Though, a Minmus base would be neat!

It\'s because I\'ve landed one before, but have never attempted a SeaLaunch.

Ah ok.

May i make multiple requests? if so, heres the challenge: make a rocket that can get to the mun, deploy a rover (with mechjeb to control it), get to minimus drop another rover there, and then return safley home.

(BONUS CHALLENGE: Use tosh\'s UAV drone and launch it when you reuturn to kerbin.)

Whoops, sorry about everything guys.

First, my power went out for three days, came back yesterday.

Then my laptop stopped working properly, and I use it for KSP. I\'m on the family desktop (which is the same speed as my laptop...) and I\'ll get around to this once my laptop starts working properly. Thanks for your patience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.