How do i install mods for windows 10?

Bugking

if you downloaded the mod you should have a ziped file called BahamutoDs_Armory-0.9.9.1.zip un zip it and you will have a folder called gamedata in the zipped folder. in the gamedata folder theres a folder called BD armory, drag that folder in you gamedata file in your kerbalspaceprogram game files. AKA Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program if you have steam.

I don't think that's work. My reason for saying this is that Windows 10 blocks you from installing mods manually. AKA, the game creator would have to make a thing specifically for mods, because you don't have access to game files. The reason for no access is no pirating, cheating, etc. This is what I'm looking into before I get Windows 10, and so far I haven't found anybody who's found a way past it.

In other words, your login on that computer doesn't have write access wherever KSP is installed (probably Program Files) which is nothing at all to do with Win 10. You either need to move the KSP install somewhere you do have write permissions (if you're a steam user, it is not bound to steam in any way, so you can put your install anywhere) or talk with whoever has admin rights on your computer about doing the mod install

Edited by Crzyrndm

if the problem is the writing permissions the problem isn't of ksp. if you can't get modify the files in the directory where ksp is installated remove it and reinstall it in another directory (like C:/KSP or another you create). This problem can be present theorically also on other windows versions and like other already said it's a lack of privilege of the current user (not a administrator-level user but a limitated one). Hope it's clear

2 hours ago, Bugking said:

so i cant get mods on KSP because i have windows 10 or what? if i cant then i hope the kerbal space program developers fix this

Could you tell us which folder your KSP install is in if you know it please?

11 hours ago, Bugking said:

my mod install its in KSP_win gamedata

Thank you, that is the correct place to put your mod inside the KSP folder, the more important thing though is, where is your KSP folder on your computer?

If it is c:/program files/KSP_win or c:/program files (86)/KSP_win then you may need to move it for everything to work. Most windows versions restrict the user putting files into those folders.

That`s OK, not everyone knows everything. The forum is a good place to find out stuff.

right click on your KSP icon and select properties on the popup menu

press CTRL-C

then come back here and paste into the comment box and post it.

You should get something like

C:\Users\John\Desktop\1.0.5\KSP.exe

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"

when you paste.

If that does not work then let me know and we can try another way.

EDIT : I have to drive for a couple of hours now but I will reply when I get to the other end of my drive.

EDIT : At a PC again

Edited by John FX

on the pop up menu? don't know how to find that either...this must be getting frustrating...sorry...hopefully we'll get it eventually an it has a KSP demo folder there...also i am the administrator account on my device just in case you where wondering

On 10/03/2016 at 9:40 PM, Bugking said:

on the pop up menu? don't know how to find that either...this must be getting frustrating...sorry...hopefully we'll get it eventually an it has a KSP demo folder there...also i am the administrator account on my device just in case you where wondering

On 10/03/2016 at 2:03 PM, John FX said:

right click on your KSP icon and select properties on the popup menu

On 8 March 2016 at 0:36 AM, EricTheEpic said:

I don't think that's work. My reason for saying this is that Windows 10 blocks you from installing mods manually. AKA, the game creator would have to make a thing specifically for mods, because you don't have access to game files. The reason for no access is no pirating, cheating, etc. This is what I'm looking into before I get Windows 10, and so far I haven't found anybody who's found a way past it.

So you don't have windows 10, but you claim this is the case? Because I experience none of this under windows 10.

It is highly likely that you are playing the demo. The full version, as far as I know, is in a folder named “Kerbal Space Program.” The demo version, on the other hand, is in a folder named “ksp_win” (at least for Windows). You are mentioning a folder “ksp_win” so it seems you are playing the demo version. The demo version does not support mods. So even if you put them in the right folder, the game will not “see” them; you will need the full version for that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2016 at 0:04 PM, Kerbart said:

It is highly likely that you are playing the demo. The full version, as far as I know, is in a folder named “Kerbal Space Program.” The demo version, on the other hand, is in a folder named “ksp_win” (at least for Windows). You are mentioning a folder “ksp_win” so it seems you are playing the demo version. The demo version does not support mods. So even if you put them in the right folder, the game will not “see” them; you will need the full version for that.

If you download from the store you get a zip and the folder is KSP_win.

@Bugking if you want help, follow the instructions and post the location of your folder, don`t say "It`s in the right place" because where you think the right place is might not be the right place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.