"The Big Question"

Why is this named "The Big Question" well i'll just ask everything i'm wondering right now...1st how do i install mods on windows 10 my mod is in game data an isn't working i have administrator on my computer BTW 2nd how do i install aircrafts spaceships and so on? 3rd how exactly do i stage space ships? I may add more questions later or in the future and i have windows 10

1 hour ago, Bugking said:

1st how do i install mods on windows 10 my mod is in game data an isn't working i have administrator on my computer BTW 

Kinda depends on the mod. I strongly suggest using CKAN to install and manage KSP mods. 

2nd how do i install aircrafts spaceships and so on?

What, you have a craft file you have got from somewhere and want to use it in your game? If so, then it is goes somewhere like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\<save name>

3rd how exactly do i stage space ships?

You press the spacebar. 

For number 1, I assume the same way as it has been, just make sure you extract the mod from the zipped folder, otherwise it won't work.

CKAN is easier, but also suffers from a few things that will annoy advanced players.

I recomend looking on the wiki to see the full lists of controls, there are a number of helpful building tools and other various hotkeys to learn.

-JT

yknow what lets focus on mods you cant tell me you do this because i'll need a explanation about that basiclly i need a full in depth explenation...i feel like throwing my computer out the house...or giving up on KSP i'm so frustrated...

Step 1 - Dowload the mod from your chosen site. Most mod makers will have links on their forum thread here. a google search will also turn up most mods

Step 2 - Unzip the mod to anywhere

Step 3 - Open the mod folder. If the folder has a "Game Data" folder within in take everything you find in that folder and drop it into the "Game Data" folder in your KSP install. If the mod does not have a game data folder then just drop the whole folder into your KSP Game Data folder

Step 4 - Load the game and enjoy!

Hope this helps?

Edited by Malich

yes, in KSP_win there should be a GameData folder it goes in there

One side note, the 32bit windows game can't support a lot of mods because of the memory limit on a 32bit system. If you keep getting crashes after installing that could be the issue. The hope is that 1.1 which is due out Soon(tm) should have a reliable 64bit windows version which will fix this.

In the GameData folder, usually each mod will have its separate sub-folder. Let's take a practical example with one select mod (the steps are very similar with any other mod).

1. Go to http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220602-rcs-build-aid and click on "download now"
  2. Locate the file "RCSBuildAid_v0.7.7.zip" in your Downloads folder. Open it with WinRar
  3. You will see that it contains a folder RCSBuildAid with some other folders and files inside
  4. Open another Explorer window and navigate to your KSP_win\GameData folder. It should contain at least a folder "Squad"
  5. From WinRar, Extract the folder RCSBuildAid to the GameData folder (this should be possibly e.g. by drag&drop)
  6. Now, your GameData folder should contain the folders RCSBuildAid and Squad side by side
  7. Launch KSP and verify that the mod was installed, e.g. by going to the VAB and looking for a new icon/button at the bottom right

Mine says ksp_linux so that's not guranteed. But with all the support and guides here if mods still are not working its about all i can think of other than a totally borked game install or an out of date game / mod combo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.