SmartDust?

daniel l.

5 minutes ago, Atlas2342 said:

No, I meant alien life could be contaminated by earth bacteria or contaminants from the smartdust...

I cant imagine that being a problem for at least 300 years, There is no place in the solar system that is likely to have life where we would put Dust. 

9 minutes ago, Atlas2342 said:

No, I meant alien life could be contaminated by earth bacteria or contaminants from the smartdust...

The Dust itself is a contaminant. Highly active nanomachine that rip apart any resource it detects to build itself and whatever structure that we designed them to? That would be a very invasive process and likely disrupt whatever life that was there.

10 hours ago, daniel l. said:

I would like to think that we make an AI that is capable of maintaining itself and surviving in the long run and is always at our service, Then we can sit back and enjoy a world where we dont even have to worry about robots taking jobs because all of them are taken and everyone is basking in free luxury.

This may backfire ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.