Where to get old versions of KSP?

Mr. Quark

You mean these?

If you mean old-but-not-that-old...  you may be out of luck if you're new to KSP or haven't been making backups of clean installations of KSP with every new version.  Because it's copyright property, nobody can just give it to you.

I get it through steam, and I can only download "previous stable version" (presently 1.0.4).  That's found by rclicking the game in the library, selecting Properties, going to the BETAS tab, and picking it from the dropdown.  Same place the pre-release is available now - it'll overwrite the steam installation, but you can copy and duplicate the whole KSP folder out of steam and it'll work just fine, won't auto-update, and you can concurrently run a more current version on Steam any day.

If you get it through the store, IDK.  Check the store or ask someone who knows about the store. :P  

2 minutes ago, Kyrt Malthorn said:

You mean these?

If you mean old-but-not-that-old...  you may be out of luck if you're new to KSP or haven't been making backups of clean installations of KSP with every new version.  Because it's copyright property, nobody can just give it to you.

I get it through steam, and I can only download "previous stable version" (presently 1.0.4).  That's found by rclicking the game in the library, selecting Properties, going to the BETAS tab, and picking it from the dropdown.  Same place the pre-release is available now - it'll overwrite the steam installation, but you can copy and duplicate the whole KSP folder out of steam and it'll work just fine, won't auto-update, and you can concurrently run a more current version on Steam any day.

If you get it through the store, IDK.  Check the store or ask someone who knows about the store. :P  

Pretty sure I joined in 0.20 latest copy is 1.0.5 so I don't think I'll be able to get older then 1.0.4 ;.;

8 minutes ago, Kyrt Malthorn said:

If you get it through the store, IDK.  Check the store or ask someone who knows about the store.

The store has 1.0.5 & 0.90 available, IIRC.

Ed: Yup, I can DL 0.90 from the store, but that's as old as it goes.

Edited by steve_v

2 minutes ago, steve_v said:

The store has 1.0.5 & 0.90 available, IIRC.

Ed: Yup, I can DL 0.90 from the store, but that's as old as it goes.

Which one? Steam of kerbalspaceprogram.com

Edited by Kandjk

Just now, Kandjk said:

Oh... That's unfair... Very unfair. They let yall have KSP 0.90 but they can't let people who have steam have it :mad: But I still love them cause we get the 1.1 pre release... Kinda seems fair

Sure, about as unfair as not giving Store customers any way to test the 1.1 prerelease.

Squad, this fragmentation of your customer base needs to stop.

Just now, Kandjk said:

Oh... That's unfair... Very unfair. They let yall have KSP 0.90 but they can't let people who have steam have it :mad: But I still love them cause we get the 1.1 pre release... Kinda seems fair

Since it is a very confusing and difficult task to link Steam and the store you'll have to pay. 

And why do you want 0.90.0 in the first place?

1 minute ago, RA3236 said:

Since it is a very confusing and difficult task to link Steam and the store you'll have to pay. 

And why do you want 0.90.0 in the first place?

I just want to get a different version to focus with while waiting for full 1.1 and also seems like I would get more fps.

3 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Since it is a very confusing and difficult task to link Steam and the store

Since Squad are uploading to both places, i really don't see what's so hard about uploading the same files to both locations.

Really beginning to feel like Squad just doesn't give a fat rats hiney about store customers now that they're on steam...

Edited by steve_v

Just now, Kandjk said:

No. it is 0.18

Oh Kerbals, gee, whoops i must of had a mind blank... though 0.90 isn't that long ago, though getting it would be very hard i think

Does anyone still have copies of the very very first KSP? dang this topic is HOT BTW, ahahaha. I wouldn't mind playing it, but it would belike playing GTA 1, such a different game and such worse quality too...

13 minutes ago, DiamondExcavater said:

Does anyone still have copies of the very very first KSP? dang this topic is HOT BTW, ahahaha. I wouldn't mind playing it, but it would belike playing GTA 1, such a different game and such worse quality too...

Here

14 minutes ago, DiamondExcavater said:

Oh Kerbals, gee, whoops i must of had a mind blank... though 0.90 isn't that long ago, though getting it would be very hard i think

First public release that I know of

3 minutes ago, DiamondExcavater said:

I remember seeing a thread on the devs first sketches and plans for KSP, I always sketch different things, but never have i thought it could turn into something like this, with over 1 million users (i am guessing)

I don't sketch... I want to just I'm bad... very... very... bad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.