You get forum rep for getting likes on the stuff you post and there is a point in the game once you can not really get any more reputation due to the fact that it is impossible to get 100% reputation because the calculation is weird

What Jhawk1099 said.

Also check if you have a strategy applied. I was once stuck on 50% for ages... before I realized that at some time, barely remembered time in the past I wanted to earn science faster, so applied a Rep -> Science strategy. 

14 hours ago, Jhawk1099 said:

You get forum rep for getting likes on the stuff you post and there is a point in the game once you can not really get any more reputation due to the fact that it is impossible to get 100% reputation because the calculation is weird

13 hours ago, Tourist said:

What Jhawk1099 said.

Also check if you have a strategy applied. I was once stuck on 50% for ages... before I realized that at some time, barely remembered time in the past I wanted to earn science faster, so applied a Rep -> Science strategy. 

2 hours ago, Maximus97 said:

Moved to Gameplay Questions due to gameplay question.

Forum reputation is obtained when someone presses the Like button on any of your content.

Thanks everyone, I am sorry for putting the post on the incorrect area, so yeah, I did get stuck at some point.

I made a huge error adopting a "Leadership Initiative" strategy at 65% commitment, because I was expecting a slew of world firsts and thought it would help.

The problem was each completed contract at that time was giving negative reputation. It should have been -50% on contract awards, but that combined with "hard" difficulty (-10% rep) plus maybe the other two strategies (50% cash-for-science and 30% rep-for-science, I think they were), were actually reducing my rep...

3 hours ago, Plusck said:

I made a huge error adopting a "Leadership Initiative" strategy at 65% commitment, because I was expecting a slew of world firsts and thought it would help.

The problem was each completed contract at that time was giving negative reputation. It should have been -50% on contract awards, but that combined with "hard" difficulty (-10% rep) plus maybe the other two strategies (50% cash-for-science and 30% rep-for-science, I think they were), were actually reducing my rep...

Wow, thanks for the advice, I will try avoiding that, I have 3 career mode saves, so I will not do anything that you said was wrong.

2 hours ago, Q-ver KSP said:

Wow, thanks for the advice, I will try avoiding that, I have 3 career mode saves, so I will not do anything that you said was wrong.

Could have been a strange bug - I'll have to look up my savegame and see exactly what the situation was. Leadership Initiative can be a good strategy in the earlier game (so I've been told) but beware of overdoing it and beware of interactions (especially on hard difficulty).

The main wierd thing about reputation is that for every point of rep you earn the actual amount or rep you gain is determined by a curve based on your total rep.

SO if you have 0 rep and earn 1 you now have 1 rep. If you have 500 rep and earn one you end up with something like 500.2. However if your rep is high and you lose a point of rep your rep total will decrease by a lot more than you expect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.