M-700 Survey question

Iv'e got a probe with the M-700 survey unit on board in a polar orbit around Minmus. It's got enough fuel (I think) to move it to a Mun polar orbit. If I do this, will the resource display for Minmus still be available? Or does it need to remain in that orbit? Thanks in advance for answers.

The resource display will remain available for any planet you have scanned, regardless of whether there is an M700 in orbit.

The only difference will be that you have to activate the overlay from the knowledge base icon in the map view while focused on the planet. With an M700 you activate the overlay using the scanner itself.

3 hours ago, DMagic said:

The resource display will remain available for any planet you have scanned, regardless of whether there is an M700 in orbit.

The only difference will be that you have to activate the overlay from the knowledge base icon in the map view while focused on the planet. With an M700 you activate the overlay using the scanner itself.

Thanks so much for the quick response. Being in a career game, I just didn't want to risk the useless expenditure of kerbucks. Thanks again   Just wanted to say "Thanks again" I made the move to the Munar Polar orbit and it did not cost me a dime!

Edited by SpacedCowboy
update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.