Disabling/enabling resources with no control

In 1.1, if you disable all of the electrical charge on an unmanned craft, you can't re-enable it and you completely lose control of it. Before 1.1, you could disable and enable resources on a craft even without control. This change now makes it impossible to put probes into hibernation if you're sending them far away. Sure I could stick some solar panels or RTGs or whatever onto them so they're constantly running, but that's not the point. I like the idea of putting probes into hibernation mode while they're coasting through interplanetary space to their destination, like real-life space probes.

I am torn on this issue, on the one hand it is definitely cheaty and on the other hand i have used it because Stock does not have a hibernate/low power mode.  And beginning probes are very hard to work with before solar panels which come very late in the tech tree.  I am also sad because I like to put 1 panel facing the sun and leave a spare battery off in case it gets drained and I need to re position the satellite.

Sadly I think I will be using infinite electricity when this happens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.