Disappearing KSP Particle Emitters

In one of my recently released parts, I have an issue with my KSP Particle Emitters (KPE) disappearing when viewed from certain angles.  As it's difficult to describe in text, I'll just post a screenshot:

klqshc.jpg

Those are 4 different instances of the same part, each with two 2D oval-shaped KPEs, a green one on the right and a blue one on the left (particles change color to a yellow/orange/red as they move to the center, where they disappear).  As you can see from the image, I've pointed out three missing particle emitters, because of the angle from which they are viewed.

Additionally, the particle emitters disappear if the part is highlighted (mouse-over).  This did not happen in Unity 4 based KSP, and I'm wondering what changed and how I can fix it.  At first I thought it was some weird occlusion culling bug, but after reading about Unity's occlusion culling, and the settings it requires in the Unity editor, I don't believe this to be the case.  Any help or ideas are appreciated, and if you want to see the problem with the parts in game yourself, you can get them here (it's especially bad on the radial fuel cells).

I think it's a transparency sorting issue, particles, part highlighting, KSP/Translucent shaders are all affected by this. KSP/Cutout shaders are not. There's not much we can do except write/fix shaders or wait for Squad to sort out the transparent shaders. There're maybe some build settings that need changing, that can only be done by Squad. Probably a combination of both.

For now best you can do is split out transparent meshes to their own objects, which you probably are already doing as KSP only allows 1 material per object.

Edited by nli2work

3 hours ago, nli2work said:

For now best you can do is split out transparent meshes to their own objects, which you probably are already doing as KSP only allows 1 material per object.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm already doing.  Alright, thanks, I won't worry about this until a fix comes along at a higher level.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.