2.Madmak (ap:200.000, pe:/) #

3.khyron42(ap: 102.000)

4.Lowietje22

rank info

green means it has become higher in the list

red means it becomes lower in the list

and # means the highest in the ranks

GOOD LUCK :)

I actually made one within 2 minutes. However since I\'m completely new to KSP (2 days) I don\'t really know what\'s the best route to take to get to orbit. That being said I had an AP of 1\'000\'000 m .... =P

well, yes

the best ap is 100km, or 100.000m i guess( 62.1371192 miles)

then make a 90-or 270° turn to your pa

and then make an orbit to kerbin

you can after that extend it with throttle it up, until your crossing the mun\'s orbit..

and so on :)

good luck :P

ps: Welcome to ksp :)

Well... ok.

It took me 1:45 to build my ship

6OGak.png

Then, since I got a circular orbit around 200km, I decided to go to Minmus, since a kerbol escape seemed kind of silly.

GUC99.png

When I landed, I hit at about 0.3m/s, but the uneven ground disconnected my engine, meaning my boys are stuck :/

Nzn41.jpg

54FOy.png

1 minute 45 seconds.

Using keyboard shortcuts helps a lot. X key can be used to set your symmetry rather than clicking on it. Alt+left-click can copy any existing part of your rocket, allowing you to avoid having to go back to the parts bin except when you have to and place large numbers of parts with a single click.

qN0uph.jpg

Video of the first 30 seconds of construction - I really need to buy FRAPS if I\'m going to do this very often:

http://youtu.be/lW7vkKB4uxY

The ship made it to a 91 x 106 km orbit with 16 full fuel tanks and 6 quarter-full ones left, so I went ahead and sent it on an interstellar trajectory. I left them with about 2.4 fuel tanks to slow down once they reach the next star system.

Image Gallery

At the end of that video, I was two clicks (and four taps of the X key) away from having the second stage in place and four more clicks from adding the third stage. After placing the third stage, I just had to place two 6x symmetry struts, 2 6x symmetry fuel lines, name the ship, and rearrange the staging to put all engines in the first stage. Since I still had 30 seconds at that point, I also moved the decouplers around to reduce the total number of stages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.