Please make it possible to change the playback device

Hi,

i have multiple playback devices i use. Headphones, speakers in my monitor and a hifi-system.

To change the playback device, i use a tool named SSD (SetSoundDevice) wich is doing nothing else as changing the preferred playback device.

Most games can handle this and allow to change the output device while the game is running.

But with KSP, i have to exit the game, change the device and restart the game each time i want to swap from speakers to headphones for instance.

Would it be possible to change this behaviour in a future release ?

Thx & greetz,

ezfox

Edited by ezfox

Frankly, I've found that the best solution to this, for more than just KSP, is not to use any USB or Bluetooth sound devices at all, but put everything through 3.5 mm jacks and physically plug/unplug different speakers/headphones. My current setup is a daisy chain: I have a pair of speakers connected to my computer by 3.5mm jack, and then I have the base station for my wireless headphones plugged into a 3.5mm port on the speakers. To switch between speakers and headphones, I just plug or unplug the base station from the speakers.

The problem that this solves is that USB and Bluetooth sound devices are registered with the operating system as separate sound cards, and neither Windows nor Linux handles switching back and forth between different sound devices well, making workarounds like SSD necessary. By daisy chaining everything, I keep my motherboard sound chipset as the sound device in use at all times, and just switch physically between the speakers that that sound device is outputting to being either my speakers or my headphones.

I don´t use any USB or Bluetooth devices at all.

The monitor speakers as well as the HiFi-system (Video Receiver) are attached through HDMI/DP cables.

So i dont have any chance to daisy chain or replug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.