Hey, what's up?

DersitePhantom

Good [insert word describing whatever time this is being read at], I\'m another new player, the likes of which this board seems rife with, and I just have a few questions, regarding the community congregating within these forums, as well as my first slow steps into it:

1 - While I am new to this particular forum community, I am by no means new to the concept of a forum community, and have participated in many others. So how does this one stack up to any others you may have experienced?

2 - Every community such as this seems to have its own history, with controversies and recurring mistakes; are there any particular topics that one would consider taboo on this forum? Any blundering mistakes I should ensure I do not make?

3 - What is the generally accepted social policy regarding people who are new to these forums? I do not doubt that the people of this forum are kind, however are there any unspoken limitations on what someone new to these forums should or shouldn\'t do?

That should be enough vague interrogation for now, so I suppose I shall do as all newcomers on this particular board seem to do at some point in their introductions; I will extrapolate on how I got here.

This game first came to my attention after seeing a YouTuber I follow (Kurtjmac) play this game during a livestream, and this piqued my interests. I have always been obsessed with aerospace, especially the engineering aspect, so this game almost seemed to have been custom-built just for me. I didn\'t even bother with the demo, and bought the game straight away; I have been playing to the point of obsession for the past week or so, since I did so. Having previously been a part of the Minecraft community (glad to have left that ship before it sank), and more specifically the modding community, I decided to check and see if there were any mods or pluggins for KSP, and lo and behold, I have not been left wanting. I did refrain from installing said mods however, until I had at the very least made a successful Mun landing (which I found to be a delightful challenge), after which I have been trying out quite a few of them.

Regardless, I am very glad to have found this game, and even more so to have found it at this relatively early stage it its development, as the game seems to present near limitless opportunities.

TL;DR - This game seems cool and so does this forum.

Welcome to the forums!

If you haven\'t read them, here are the Forum Rules. Conduct is what you\'d expect in any other forum. It shouldn\'t be hard to adjust to them. I came from the Sketchup forums, so acclimation wasn\'t hard.

A typical mistake that moderators frown upon would be asking about update release dates. It happens frequently with new users.

Enjoy your stay!

There was a vogue a few months ago for naming everything in the kerbal-verse with a \'k\' as in (Kearth, Krussia, Kupiter, etc) doing that now will get you shouted at.

Otherwise, welcome!