Aeronauts , what are your biggest gripes with the stock game/physics?

AeroGav

5 hours ago, RizzoTheRat said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a lack of imaginative naming :D

I guess I figured this one would be a loser like all the others :D  but it actually flies fairly well! Since it managed the Laythe-and-back challenge much better than SSTO12 did, I suppose it does deserve a name. What do you think? It flies pretty well, but I never claimed it was pretty...26BdW

...OK, so is there some new trick to loading images now? the old [imgur]26BdW[/imgur] way doesn't seem to work, and when I paste that full link into the Insert other media dialog, I get a broken image, even though pasting it into a new browser tab gets me right to the album. Any advice fellow Kerbonauts? ...erm so the old way now seems to yield a link and not an embedded image. Any way to change that?

Edited by herbal space program

No fuel switcher. Building a nuclear spacecraft has been a major PITA ever since the LV-N was modified to only use LiquidFuel. Rocket fuel in KSP is a mix of 9 parts LiquidFuel and 11 parts Oxidizer so using a normal fuel tank with LV-N's means you're carrying less than 50% of the tank's actual capacity in LiquidFuel, and thus also carrying lots of dead weight because the tank is more than twice as big as it needs to be.

E: Oh, this thread is about spaceplanes. Sorry. I'll show myself out...

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

1 minute ago, CaptainKorhonen said:

No fuel switcher. Building a nuclear spacecraft has been a major PITA ever since the LV-N was modified to only use LiquidFuel. Rocket fuel in KSP is a mix of 9 parts LiquidFuel and 11 parts Oxidizer so using a normal fuel tank with LV-N's means you're carrying less than 50% of the tank's actual capacity in LiquidFuel, and also carrying lots of dead weight because the tank is "too big" for the amount of fuel it contains.

Use jet fuel containers. If you want a 2.5m jet fuel container, you can copy its file, and edit the config so it has a different name and has only liquid fuel. Then, no wasted space.

7 minutes ago, msasterisk said:

Use jet fuel containers. If you want a 2.5m jet fuel container, you can copy its file, and edit the config so it has a different name and has only liquid fuel. Then, no wasted space.

Did you read the title? "Aeronauts, what are your biggest gripes with the stock game/physics".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.